Calling a Cole Xdate List

jgage2080

I'm an independent agent and I'm used to cold calling. I mostly call old lead I have bought and prospects I quoted. I just started using Cole X dates over the last 3 business days and I have made 274 calls without an auto dialer on an xdate for homeowners list.

I have left
104 voicemail
64 didn't have vm
78 were bad numbers
27 ppl answered (were pretty much ready to say no before I even spoke)
I've got 1 person that let me quote them. ( I made the sale)

Is this typical?
Would the auto xdate be better?
Any Advice on how to better use cole?

I'm an independent agent and I'm used to cold calling. I mostly call old lead I have bought and prospects I quoted. I just started using Cole X dates over the last 3 business days and I have made 274 calls without an auto dialer on an xdate for homeowners list.

I have left
104 voicemail (doesn't count as a contact)
64 didn't have vm (doesn't count as a contact)
78 were bad numbers (doesn't count as a contact)
27 ppl answered (were pretty much ready to say no before I even spoke)
I've got 1 person that let me quote them. ( I made the sale)

Is this typical?
Would the auto xdate be better?
Any Advice on how to better use cole?

Stuff happens. I would focus more on why 26-27 people were pretty much ready to say no before you even spoke.

As Josh asked... what is your script?

Hey (name). My name is (my name) with (my company) and I’m giving you a call today because according to the information in our office you have a renewal coming up on your homeowners insurance. I have some good news for you! I’m a broker so I represent multiple insurance companies and I’ve really been able to help my clients get a better rate without losing the coverage’s they currently have.

This is basically what I'm saying. I try to keep it natural so I don't say this word for word.

His script doesn't suck...but here's one my telemarketers have used (back when I wasted my life on this crap..)

Hi (Joe Smith) I'm calling w/ (insert recognizable company here) and we've just introduced great discounts for people in zip code (insert their zip code here.) We're offering FREE no obligation quotes so people can measure their existing rates against the discounted rates for their zip code. I just need some quick information so our agents can provide an accurate quote for you..

A good telemarketer should get 2-5 leads per hour.

Regardless of whether you're calling about life & health, or P&C... if you're not pausing to ask if it's a good time to talk... then it sucks, rude, and presumptuous. This leads to the results you're getting.

Try to avoid sounding like you're just regurgitating verbal spam and sound more like the professional you want to be perceived as... and you'll probably have some better results.

Back