Calling During Weekends

Im trying to figure out what days/time are best to call leads (Really old aged leads) on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays

I found that calling on Sunday after church got the most people to answer the phone.....until I came across a man who was like ‘oh call me back because I don’t do business on sundays’

I’m just trying to put myself in their shoes and I only recall people ‘cold calling’ me on weekdays.

Not sure if weekend calling (especially aged leads) is a faux pas or something.

Im trying to figure out what days/time are best to call leads (Really old aged leads) on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays

I found that calling on Sunday after church got the most people to answer the phone.....until I came across a man who was like ‘oh call me back because I don’t do business on sundays’

I’m just trying to put myself in their shoes and I only recall people ‘cold calling’ me on weekdays.

Some people call on Sundays......personally, I wouldn't.

Just try different times and find out...trial and error.

I don't call on Sundays. Or Saturdays.

Everyone is different, but a lot of folks don't want to talk to an agent during their "free time". And in the south especially, Sundays are (or used to be) off limits. Not as many go to church as they used to. It will depend on the demographics of the population that is your target.

Beyond that, there are no rules per se. If it works for you, go for it. As Tom said, trial and error is the only way to find out.

If you are cold calling there are no good times in my opinion. Interruption marketing is a tough way to make it.

Please note: I am NOT an insurance agent or telephone marketer.

When I was in college I spent some summers working for a book company headquartered in Nashville, selling books door to door. We were expected to work 8am-9pm 6 days a week.

A few years ago I did a handshake deal involving several thousand dollars with a house mover. When we were discussing my situation, he told me he would do his best to help me solve my difficulty, but I needed to understand he would not be available on Saturday, ... ever.

In the FE section, there are threads about when to call to set appointments for your field days. This seems to become a particular challenge for the FE agents who want to go into the field on Monday, when to call for the Monday appointments. Some do it on Saturday, some do it on Sunday.

The point of all that is to say that you can get the same response you got for Sunday for Saturday calls too. And maybe even some Wednesday calls.

Your experience and advice of others may indicate that there are certain days, or times of day that it is not wise or practical to call. At the same time you need to make a basic "business plan" about your sales activity and not waffle over it when you get the kickback or objection from one prospect.

Something the book sales people stressed was to close an objection 3 times to find whether or not it is a "valid" objection in the prospect's mind. So, in the case of your phone response above, IMO, what you have is an opportunity to talk to the person another time. The response that comes to my mind is something like: "Would you like me to call you back Monday morning or Tuesday afternoon?" Experienced phone people probably have a much more polished approach, but that is the conceptual idea.

i called on sunday nights when i first started out. when people complained, i replied that this is important and i called several times during the week but could not reach them. most would not complain anymore but if they did i would apologize and ask when was a good day and time to talk.

if i can't reach someone after 5-6 calls and the commissions are nice size, i would call on sunday night. Around 6-8 pm. no later!

Please note: I am NOT an insurance agent or telephone marketer.

When I was in college I spent some summers working for a book company headquartered in Nashville, selling books door to door. We were expected to work 8am-9pm 6 days a week.

A few years ago I did a handshake deal involving several thousand dollars with a house mover. When we were discussing my situation, he told me he would do his best to help me solve my difficulty, but I needed to understand he would not be available on Saturday, ... ever.

In the FE section, there are threads about when to call to set appointments for your field days. This seems to become a particular challenge for the FE agents who want to go into the field on Monday, when to call for the Monday appointments. Some do it on Saturday, some do it on Sunday.

The point of all that is to say that you can get the same response you got for Sunday for Saturday calls too. And maybe even some Wednesday calls.

Your experience and advice of others may indicate that there are certain days, or times of day that it is not wise or practical to call. At the same time you need to make a basic "business plan" about your sales activity and not waffle over it when you get the kickback or objection from one prospect.

Something the book sales people stressed was to close an objection 3 times to find whether or not it is a "valid" objection in the prospect's mind. So, in the case of your phone response above, IMO, what you have is an opportunity to talk to the person another time. The response that comes to my mind is something like: "Would you like me to call you back Monday morning or Tuesday afternoon?" Experienced phone people probably have a much more polished approach, but that is the conceptual idea.

LD, I appreciate that you started your post with "Please note: I am NOT an insurance agent or telephone marketer." I am glad you put that in there first, so that we knew to ignore the several paragraphs afterwards.

After alerting us that you have no experience with the subject (on a forum filled with people who have decades of experience to contribute) you may have well just put the following information in Chinese.

LD, I appreciate that you started your post with "Please note: I am NOT an insurance agent or telephone marketer." I am glad you put that in there first, so that we knew to ignore the several paragraphs afterwards.

After alerting us that you have no experience with the subject (on a forum filled with people who have decades of experience to contribute) you may have well just put the following information in Chinese.

All this wet weather is really bringing out the gnats of summer!

:D

LostDollar, I know you want to be social and useful, and contribute your ideas. Where otherwise do you think you could do that better, than here where you have no insurance sales or telemarketing experience?

There are a lot of people on here with good useful and relevant experience. When you chime in with zero of that, you are effectively polluting the message.

Do you have some hobbies or a past career, where you could get on a relevant website and put your opinions to better use?

I'm with goillini52 on this one. Try different things, and see what works for you. There are certain things that work great for me, that most other people couldn't pull off. There are a lot of things that other people seem to do easily, that I struggle with.

There are so many things that are going to go into this, the area you are calling, your personality and tone of voice, how you pitch, etc. So, you are going to have to figure out what works for you.

LostDollar, I know you want to be social and useful, and contribute your ideas. Where otherwise do you think you could do that better, than here where you have no insurance sales or telemarketing experience?

There are a lot of people on here with good useful and relevant experience. When you chime in with zero of that, you are effectively polluting the message.

Do you have some hobbies or a past career, where you could get on a relevant website and put your opinions to better use?

I made my post based on personal sales training, sales experience and life experience which are directly relevant to op's post. The fact that I am not currently making a living as a salesperson does not make them irrelevant or incorrect.

Latest posts

Back