Calling Medicare Clients for Cross Sales?

LifeWorth

Guru
100+ Post Club
One way agents do business is by calling their clients for an annual review and to see if they have a need for anything else. For example, I may call my under 65 health insurance clients and ask them to meet with me for life insurance. However, could I do this with my medicare clients?

One way agents do business is by calling their clients for an annual review and to see if they have a need for anything else. For example, I may call my under 65 health insurance clients and ask them to meet with me for life insurance. However, could I do this with my medicare clients?

As long as they are already your clients, yes. You just can't do it at the same time as your MA/PDP appt.

Believe it or not according to CMS marketing guidelines ,even after the enrollment date, it is not compliant to use your MA or PDP roster of clients to systematically market non health products such as life, annuities etc. This includes calling , mailing, emailing etc.

It was a shocker to me when I first learned of this after MIPPA was introduced.

Back