Calling on the Wise for Help

lycan25

NYC
Hey Guys,

I recently acquired my life and health insurance license in NY and I could really your advice on getting started. So far I have been doing a lot of research but I have a few unanswered questions. I met someone randomly who was an insurance agent who then introduced me to his manager in an independent agency called KSingh Agency. They gave me a contract with Columbia Mutual with 50% commission and 3 month advance payment. They promised me more companies with better commission that I would be able to get contracted with once I get E and O insurance. For some reason I keep feeling like it's a pyramid scheme. Do you guys think i'm on the right path to becoming an independent agent?

Anyways back to my questions.
1. How do you get licensed in other states once your licensed in your home state?
2. How long is the underwriting process after an agreement for an insurance plan is made with a client?
3. How long does it take until you get your commission on average?
4. Can you sell life insurance from your home? If so what can one do to begin this process?
5. What are the best carriers for Life insurance and Final Expense?
6. What are some of your best way to generate leads?
7. How do I get higher commissions with carriers?

Any advice for someone just getting into the industry is welcomed.
All advice and and answers are greatly appreciated.

No you're not on the right path.

The recruiters will be along soon.

All these questions you are asking should be answered by your Singh upline....Holy Krishna, you are paying them (or will be) over half the commission you earn.

I'd never take the deal they are offering. Do you have money to invest into becoming independent? You'll need e and o, need money for leads, bill money for a month or so ect.....

Check out finalexpenseservices.com and it'll give you an idea of what you need to do in order to be independent.

Getting licensed in another state. .... sircon.com

You really need some guidance and hand holding. Not a bad thing, but going to a company that will have you bringing new people in before you even know what to do is a sure fire way to fail.

Back