Calling T65 Without a Lead Card

I agree with Chazm.
People bridge all medicare insurance as supplements, and also including long term care. You have to converse with them to see what they are really looking for.

Sometimes there is urgency eg, running out of sep time, or they are leaving town, or app't conflict because a decision maker won't be avail any other time, etc.

Yes. You need CMS approval on it if you're doing anything with respect to MA/PDP products. Mail houses tend to send generic pieces.

Generic mail pieces don't need CMS compliance, as far as I know. Just standard disclosure - "not affiliated with cms or govt. or medicare, etc." I believe most mail houses use those disclosures.

In other words, if I get a lead card off a generic mail drop, I can call them and do my job as a broker. Seems like MAPD is a good fit? Let's talk $0 premium... Seems like Med Supp is a good fit? Let's talk Plan G...

Generic mail pieces don't need CMS compliance, as far as I know. Just standard disclosure - "not affiliated with cms or govt. or medicare, etc." I believe most mail houses use those disclosures.

In other words, if I get a lead card off a generic mail drop, I can call them and do my job as a broker. Seems like MAPD is a good fit? Let's talk $0 premium... Seems like Med Supp is a good fit? Let's talk Plan G...

There is definitely CMS regulations that apply to generic mailers:

• BRC must identify from whom the piece is coming; include an agent or agency name.
• The intent of the BRC must be clear.
• BRC or self-mailer cards need to include the statement “this is an advertisement” on
the same side of the mailer as the addressee’s information.
• There must be a mechanism to positively affirm Permission to Call (PTC) if the intent
of the BRC is for the agent to call the consumer
o CMS requires a statement on the BRC that explicitly states the agent will call
them
 Note: stating “send me information” or similar implies mail and would
not secure PTC
o CMS requires listing the scope of products on the BRC and limits any
discussion to the scope of products (e.g. MA, MA-PD, or PDP) indicated on
BRC
o If the BRC is returned by the consumer with an incomplete phone number, a
non-working phone number, or an incorrect phone number, valid PTC has not
been obtained. You must not contact the consumer by phone. In addition, you
must not attempt to complete or obtain the phone number through other means
(e.g., internet search). You must only contact the consumer via postal mail.
• Consumer contact information fields must be optional
o The BRC must not state “required” or “needed to ensure delivery” or similar
statements
• BRC must not use high-pressure statements such as “do not delay,” “reply
immediately,” “response time is limited,” or similar statements
• BRC must not request a date of birth.
o Note: BRC may ask if a consumer is Medicare eligible
• All text must be at least 12 point font, Times New Roman or equivalent

Back