Calling Vs Doorknocking

tyteeye510

Expert
I have read different books and talk to different people about calling for an appointment vs just going straight to their house and showing up. I tried both and it can go both ways. What do you guys are more effective?

I have read different books and talk to different people about calling for an appointment vs just going straight to their house and showing up. I tried both and it can go both ways. What do you guys are more effective?

Which ever one gets you the most sales...kidding asides...which ever ones gets you in front of more people.

One thing I try to do is put the prospect at ease, and get them out of the defensive mode. I say something like this...I'm not here to push anything off on you, I don't like pushy people myself, I am just here to show you what I have to offer so you can make an intelligent decision. A friend loaned me some selling tapes one time, the topics included How to sell NO back to the prospect, gee I bet you said no because you think the cost is too much, well let me go through these rates again with you, If the prospect shuts you down and just will not buy from you, close your briefcase and say, I know I can't sell you anything, but between me and you, where did I go wrong ? When they mention something, you say, OHHH I thought I covered that, let me cover it again. These are techniques that allow you to stay all day long until you beat the prospect down and they eventually buy. Well, I gave the tapes back to my friend because I will not use these types of techniques to sell. People who have sold like this in the past have hurt the insurance profession for the rest of us. ( my opinion )

I like d2d but have only tried it with health insurance and businesses so far. I was helping another agent for a few days getting my feet wet in health and then decided it wasn't for me.

He sold about 5 apps in 3 days and one life policy. He probably got about 3 referrals out of it too which lead to one other sale I believe.

I'm curious about D2D for FE and med sups and whether it would be a good idea or not and if so, how to start. Maybe get a list and map it out for a good driving route or something. maybe you can get one mapped out, I don't know.

Anybody here do this?

I like d2d but have only tried it with health insurance and businesses so far. I was helping another agent for a few days getting my feet wet in health and then decided it wasn't for me.

He sold about 5 apps in 3 days and one life policy. He probably got about 3 referrals out of it too which lead to one other sale I believe.

I'm curious about D2D for FE and med sups and whether it would be a good idea or not and if so, how to start. Maybe get a list and map it out for a good driving route or something. maybe you can get one mapped out, I don't know.

Anybody here do this?

until i got super lazy, i did that a good bit, both for FE and for medsupps.... for me, it was always about 1-20 we would get in and sell, whether it was with me with 10+ years in the business, or a new person just licensed....

easiest way in my opinion is to get a 65+ names list from a list broker, import it into streets and trips, and poof, your work is done. takes about 30 seconds to import 1000 names in, and then get in the car and start making stops

and get some referrals!

until i got super lazy, i did that a good bit, both for FE and for medsupps.... for me, it was always about 1-20 we would get in and sell, whether it was with me with 10+ years in the business, or a new person just licensed....

easiest way in my opinion is to get a 65+ names list from a list broker, import it into streets and trips, and poof, your work is done. takes about 30 seconds to import 1000 names in, and then get in the car and start making stops

and get some referrals!

Thanks for the info. Just curious, will streets and trips map it out and is that an internet program which is free or something?

Anybody here do this?

Although I haven't done D to D in a long time, with the vast number of boomers turning 65 for the next umpteen years going D to D to speak to them may end up being very productive.

They are currently getting hammered on the phone by agents from across the country. They may perceive it very refreshing to actually speak to a professional agent face to face and have the whole Medicare "mess" explained to them in a conversational relaxed manner without all the hype they are getting over the phone.

I believe this is still very much of a service oriented business. There is no question that persistency is better when the client knows who their agent is and feels they will get the continued support they need.

Latest posts

Back