Can 1 Applicant Fill Out 2 Applications for Subsidy??

Abctx

Expert
I have a client who claim her parents as a dependents on her income tax return. Since her parents are over 26, they need to fill out their own application but use her income right?. I did for her already and she qualify for subsidy. My question is can she fill out another application but apply coverage for her parents only for the subsidy?? Will that consider as a duplicate eligibility result??
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Weren't her parents already taken into account when her subsidy was calculated? Just like children would be? They just happen to be older than her. Are they over age 65?

Yes, her parents are over 65. Well im kinda confuse of how the process works. I thought whoever over 26 years of age need to apply on a different application??.. Because when I fill out her application, I only apply coverage for herself only but input everyone on her income tax return. So isn't the subsidy apply only to her??and If her parents need coverage, don't they have to fill out a diffrent application?? When I try to apply for her parent, their identity couldn't verify so I was wondering if I can use her daughter name to apply for them.. ??
Weren't her parents already taken into account when her subsidy was calculated? Just like children would be? They just happen to be older than her. Are they over age 65?

ABCTX, I would call the Marketplace if I were faced with this situation. They're pretty good with recommending proper family enrollment configurations. Be sure you get the person's name, just in case. Good luck!
-ac

Thank you both for your feedback. I tried to add her parents back to her application but couldn't find a way to add it. Even try to do report life changes method, but it kept duplicating her parents info to the application. I hate to call marketplace as the waiting time is so long and sometimes they hung up on me. Any other suggestion ??

You are not going to edit the application. You need to remove it and start over with a new application.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

run the app with the parents applying on the same one as the kids... there will be 2 groups and you will have 2 separate policies...

I tried this and the subsidy the household should qualify for isnt in the eligibility results. Based on size and income. But if I say the daughter claims the parents and siblings(which the daughter has a good salary and supports the whole house) as dependents then the subsidy shows up in eligibility results.

You are not going to edit the application. You need to remove it and start over with a new application.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

I did that too but duplicate name still there. So I just ignored it and get the eligibility result base on household of 3. So I guess it works.

Back