Can an independent Agent be termed because Sales Manager doesn't like him?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
I met an independent MA agent who got termed from an MA co for what he called " "personality conflicts" with the local MA company sales manager. Under these terms, he can still receive renewals on written business (without cause), but cannot write new business. Pretty sad case, but good for me cause he ONLY writes for my company's product now.

I met an independent MA agent who got termed from an MA co for what he called " "personality conflicts" with the local MA company sales manager. Under these terms, he can still receive renewals on written business (without cause), but cannot write new business. Pretty sad case, but good for me cause he ONLY writes for my company's product now.

Yes.

I was termed by Wellcare years ago because I had the never to post that their Duet plan was marketed in a dishonest manner. Shortly thereafter CMS gave them a cease and desist edict.

Seems I was right. In fact, it seems I'm right about a great deal of things even though like Wellcare I get attacked for it.

Rick

I was termed by Wellcare years ago because I had the never to post that their Duet plan was marketed in a dishonest manner. Shortly thereafter CMS gave them a cease and desist edict.

Seems I was right. In fact, it seems I'm right about a great deal of things even though like Wellcare I get attacked for it.

Rick
Posted where? On this forum?

An employee can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law. Termination for "personality conflicts is not prohibited by law.

An independent contractor may be terminated depending on the terms and conditions of his contract with regard to termination or cause.

Its contract dependent... Employment law is different and is unique to the state your live and work in, and the locale that governs said employment. This is simply a you do this, and we will do that contract between indy and carrier that most likely addresses this bluntly... either party can terminate this agreement for any reason at any time is written into most carrier contracts. He should look over the contract again, and its probably in there more ways than one.

Posted where? On this forum?

I posted my opinion that avatar leads were illegal and got attacked about that. I fact, one the now banned agents actually threatened to beat me up.

I posted about IFP years ago and pointed out that paying a ton to avoid a deductible was not cost effective and got attacked, again by a poster who is now banned.

And I posted on this forum that Wellcare was promoting a product in a deceptive manner and that's what caused them to terminate my contract. I consider them a second tier POS carrier so I haven't missed them at all.

Rick

Any carrier should be able to stand up to a little professional scrutiny and take opportunity to silence the notions if untrue, by outwardly responding via the vehicle being used. i.e. For you Rick, they could have used your post as a platform to address WHY or WHAT it was that made you feel that way about them, or their product.

For legit beefs it gives them an opportunity to publicly correct and show their professionalism. For some knucklehead just sounding off, it shows their toothless argument has no merit. It hasnt happened to me just yet, but I dont have any problem calling a spade a spade... and thats what the beauty of being indy... there is ALWAYS another carrier...

Back