Can Any FE Companies Write on Someone Age 81?

I have a client who would like an FE policy on his dad, age 81. Are there any companies who can do that, and can they be written sight unseen? Thanks for your help.

Occidental, Columbin, Oxford and Unity all will write up to age 85. However all have to be written in person. A telephone interview will also be required.

Also check out Foresters PlanRight. They can do over 80. I wrote up a lady about 2 months ago, age 83, smoker, for a level PlanRight policy. I was shocked, but she qualified and was approved! :biggrin:

Commission goes down a bit after 80 , but that is to be expected.

I have a client who would like an FE policy on his dad, age 81. Are there any companies who can do that, and can they be written sight unseen? Thanks for your help.

RNA would cover him at SI or fully underwritten. It can be handled by phone and mail. You don't have to be face to face, but, you do have to get a wet sig.

Why is that?

1. Good Rates
2. Great Company (excellent reputation on the forum)
3. Member Benefits
4. Easy to get referrals, here is what I do:

Mention the member benefits to any grandmother. For example, Let's say her daughter is a single mom. Tell grandma that if her son or daughter got a policy with Foresters, and if she passed away, not only would Foresters pay out the death benefit, but they'll also take care of her kids by financially helping out whoever takes care of them (share some details of the benefits, etc. Use her son or daughter's name in the example...personalize it).
I'm not saying that it will work every time, but when I'm selling a FE policy, I typically do this, and grandma likes the sounds of this. If I can get in touch with her son or daughter, I know I have a good BigUL prospect.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I would amend by saying that you still need to see the client. I keep hearing that this will change. Correct me if I am wrong, but it hasn't changed yet...

If seeing the client is a problem, then Foresters may not be the way to go.

Last edited:
1. Good Rates
2. Great Company (excellent reputation on the forum)
3. Member Benefits
4. Easy to get referrals, here is what I do:

Mention the member benefits to any grandmother. For example, Let's say her daughter is a single mom. Tell grandma that if her son or daughter got a policy with Foresters, and if she passed away, not only would Foresters pay out the death benefit, but they'll also take care of her kids by financially helping out whoever takes care of them (share some details of the benefits, etc. Use her son or daughter's name in the example...personalize it).
I'm not saying that it will work every time, but when I'm selling a FE policy, I typically do this, and grandma likes the sounds of this. If I can get in touch with her son or daughter, I know I have a good BigUL prospect.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I would amend by saying that you still need to see the client. I keep hearing that this will change. Correct me if I am wrong, but it hasn't changed yet...

If seeing the client is a problem, then Foresters may not be the way to go.

I am familiar with Foresters and have been contracted with them for 5 years. I wouldn't see them as particularly the one to go to for this case. The other poster said they were, I wondered why.

As far as their member benefits, they are OK. They don't fare well in comparison to RNA's. In fact, if you are using member benefits as a selling point, there is no comparison to RNA's benefits.

As far as Foresters reputation, I personally have always found them very difficult to work with and very spotty underwriting.

They may be OK for this case that was asked about, they may not be.

Back