Can anyone Help in this Situation?

timamr

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a friend that recently had an accident. His health insurance benefits for therapy has run out but he still needs ongoing rehab etc. I am unsure how LTC works but could he qualify and get approved, knowing he is going to use the services asap?

If anyone can help answer this thanks. If you think you could help him, he is in FL., and feel free to PM your contact info. or just respond to the thread. Thanks!

I have a friend that recently had an accident. His health insurance benefits for therapy has run out but he still needs ongoing rehab etc. I am unsure how LTC works but could he qualify and get approved, knowing he is going to use the services asap?

If anyone can help answer this thanks. If you think you could help him, he is in FL., and feel free to PM your contact info. or just respond to the thread. Thanks!

If he's still needing rehab, he cannot qualify for long term care insurance.
He would have needed to have purchased the LTC insurance before he had the accident.

Ok, thanks. I kinda figured that but at the same time had Obamacare and pre-exisiting conditions accepted for health ins., so thought I'd ask.

Ok, thanks. I kinda figured that but at the same time had Obamacare and pre-exisiting conditions accepted for health ins., so thought I'd ask.

the affordable care act (aka Obamacare) only regulates medical insurance, not long-term care insurance, not disability insurance, not life insurance, etc....

the affordable care act (aka Obamacare) only regulates medical insurance, not long-term care insurance, not disability insurance, not life insurance, etc....

The ACA win't allow me to buy life insurance after a death? Dang. My friend's father just passed away and I was going to apply for coverage and then fax in his death certificate. If anyone has any ideas or alternative options please let me know. Thanks.

Why doesn't he just buy an Affordable Care Act policy at healthcare.gov?

No underwriting. No limits on rehab services (among other things).

There ya go.

Back