Can anyone help me to do my customer/market research for P&C industry?

Zip2Insights

Hi Gurus,

We are a "being formed" startup focusing on P&C technology solutions. We are in the phase of conducting our market research to understand P&C industry's tech needs. Can you please help us with that by providing your opinions? At this point it's just me and myself working on this idea so any conversation with anyone of you will be a huge help.

-Thanks
Z2I

I have a very close friend that was a multimillionaire by the time he was in his early 30's through his success in business and investing. Brilliant business man, lethal salesman, successful investor. I sell commercial p&c, and he tries to give me input on profitability and business tactics, but I have to explain over and over again the nuances of how the business works, and he rarely understands and just gives up.

If I, a successful producer of 8 years cannot easily explain to my friend, a brilliant businessman, the particulars of the industry in the first few passes, you are going to have a tough time.

You are going to need to hire or partner with an industry veteran.

Last edited:
I have a very close friend that was a multimillionaire by the time he was in his early 30's through his success in business and investing. Brilliant business man, lethal salesman, successful investor. I sell commercial p&c, and he tries to give me input on profitability and business tactics, but I have to explain over and over again the nuances of how the business works, and he rarely understands and just gives up.

If I, a successful producer of 8 years cannot easily explain to my friend, a brilliant businessman, the particulars of the industry in the first few passes, you are going to have a tough time.

You are going to need to hire or partner with an industry veteran.
Thanks a lot for reply. Yes, P&C industry is rapidly changing industry and one needs to be aware of current trends. Wound you mind getting connected over phone or email, I am looking for such great suggestions and opinions.

P&C technology solutions

What are you trying to sell? Web sites? Quoting solutions? CRM? Training? Vacuum cleaners? iPad apps? Lead generation? PBX phone systems? Coffee makers?

These are all technology solutions used in the P&C industry. You're going to have to be more specific.

Invest in a trip to InsureTech this Sept 23-25 in as Vegas. That will get you started down a great road. Don't waste time here on this topic with these Cowboys!

Thanks a lot for reply. Yes, P&C industry is rapidly changing industry and one needs to be aware of current trends. Wound you mind getting connected over phone or email, I am looking for such great suggestions and opinions.

I wish you the best of luck, but I am already coaching and helping enough people for free. You probably imagine this as a simple phone call, but there is going to be a lot of back and forth.

You are going to need to hire or partner with an industry veteran. If you want to hire me as a consultant, that's an option we can discuss.

gotta be more specific - so many aspects of insurtech. Whats your wheelhouse?

I for one would like to see some sort of adon that can integrate with CRMs that will illustrate your clients by location on map. Kinda like google map pins. So you plug records in and they show up on a map that you can filter. As opposed to searching in a crm by city or whatever. You can just look at the map and click on one of the pins to get to their info on file.

Like a phone ap or something. Would be super useful while traveling

Anyone know anything like that?

What are you trying to sell? Web sites? Quoting solutions? CRM? Training? Vacuum cleaners? iPad apps? Lead generation? PBX phone systems? Coffee makers?

These are all technology solutions used in the P&C industry. You're going to have to be more specific.

JazzInk, I am trying to sell the Business Intelligence and Analytics solution for the industry. It can help to analyze submission ratios, retention rate, revenue generation and lower the loss ratio.

Invest in a trip to InsureTech this Sept 23-25 in as Vegas. That will get you started down a great road. Don't waste time here on this topic with these Cowboys!
Thanks Shawnmwalker, same idea came in my mind but I felt it's more for established companies. Isn't it?

Back