Can anyone Offer a Level SIWL with Stent?

JGold814

Guru
100+ Post Club
Las Vegas
Got a client who is 61 yo with a stent placement 3 years ago with a blood thinner rx for maintenance. Also takes 3 rx for blood pressure. ht/wt is good at 5'9" 180 pounds and non-smoker.

I've looked at Assurity, American Continental, Royal Neighbors of America, and United of Omaha, but they're all at graded/modified benefits.

Are there any carriers that can offer a level benefits for final expense?

I'm curious how you think this is not level coverage with Royal Neighbors and American Continental.

Got a client who is 61 yo with a stent placement 3 years ago with a blood thinner rx for maintenance. Also takes 3 rx for blood pressure. ht/wt is good at 5'9" 180 pounds and non-smoker.

I've looked at Assurity, American Continental, Royal Neighbors of America, and United of Omaha, but they're all at graded/modified benefits.

Most of the FE companies will issue Level for stents over 2 years, including ACI and RNA. What's missing? What's the reason ACI and RNA offered Graded?

I called both carriers to verify and the underwriters at each carrier said:

RNA - taking of the blood thinner is being considered ongoing treatment for stent.

ACI - as long as the stent remains in the body and he takes the blood thinner, that is being considered ongoing treatment for circulatory disorder.

I was surprised by those responses, but that's what they advised.

----------

Have you had any issue like that come back from underwriting after submitting an app?

It should be level with RNA and Am Con, and I think UoO's Living Promise as well.

I called both carriers to verify and the underwriters at each carrier said:

RNA - taking of the blood thinner is being considered ongoing treatment for stent.

ACI - as long as the stent remains in the body and he takes the blood thinner, that is being considered ongoing treatment for circulatory disorder.

I was surprised by those responses, but that's what they advised.

----------

Have you had any issue like that come back from underwriting after submitting an app?

That's funny because I was told by ACI UWing that if meds are taken for 2 years with no change of dosage or any episodes, it's considered a maintenance drug and would not be considered as treatment. Depends on who you talk to.

Try Foresters. I don't know what blood thinners he's taking, but Coumadin is Level with them. If you post his meds, we could be more accurate on who to place him with.

I asked for specific names, but he was unsure of exact name. He's supposed to find out and call me back shortly so I can verify it's not on an auto-decline list (....we all know how that goes...). We'll see what happens.

I'll probably just tell him we should submit the app to RNA and see what happens - they were the lowest rate for what he wants and his best bet at level in my opinion.

I asked for specific names, but he was unsure of exact name. He's supposed to find out and call me back shortly so I can verify it's not on an auto-decline list (....we all know how that goes...). We'll see what happens.

I'll probably just tell him we should submit the app to RNA and see what happens - they were the lowest rate for what he wants and his best bet at level in my opinion.

I count 30 companies in Virginia that are priced lower than RNA for him. I don't know if all of them will take him, but there are a lot of options. A $10K policy's $49.51 with RNA. The best rate is $41.23.

The other ones I looked at that would be cheaper didn't look like they could go level for him. This case is over the phone only as I reside in Nevada (I moved to Las Vegas last year) and the client is in Texas.

Back