Can anyone Recommend Any Data Partners/lead Sources?

overdrive

Hi all.

For the sake of keep this post short and sweet and giving away too much background, I was keen to find out where I may be able to get my hands on phone number leads within the auto insurance/life insurance/auto warranty/mortgage refinancing space?

I am not looking to spend more than $1 per lead if that helps.

Can I get fresh leads that are under 24 hours old or less for that price?

Keen to find out what my options are for that budget.

From what I understand scanning this forum is that fresh leads like that can cost $15+ and my best bet would be to join something like ListShack? If so, understanding there are thousands of leads there, how many are actually fresh leads?

I'm not really interested in people who's interest may have lapsed as I don't see how people can covert leads from people that were interested in insurance 6 months ago?

Thank you very much for any pointers.

Always remember it is puff, puff, pass. Sounds like you haven't been passing enough.

You want to pay 1/15th or less of what it costs elsewhere, but for the same or better quality? Good luck with that.

ListShack has just that, lists. They are not leads that have expressed an interest in anything. You may be able to generate warm leads from those lists for less than it would cost to buy, but even assigning minimal value to your time, they will still cost more than $1 each.

From what I understand scanning this forum is that fresh leads like that can cost $15+ and my best bet would be to join something like ListShack? If so, understanding there are thousands of leads there, how many are actually fresh leads?

I'm not really interested in people who's interest may have lapsed as I don't see how people can covert leads from people that were interested in insurance 6 months ago?

As the owner of ListShack I can confirm that these are not warm leads by any stretch. As VolAgent said, we provide cold calling lists. We are very inexpensive ($50/month for up to 50,000 records currently), but it's a volume game. A lot of agents do well with it by just calling a lot of people with the equivalent of "would you like to buy some insurance?" and going from there. It's a lot of work, a lot of rejection, and certainly not for everyone, but that is the service we offer at a price that's nearly impossible to beat.

Hey.

Thanks for the responses so far guys. Allow me to apologise for my post if it came across as obnoxious at all - I don't work in this space (evidently..) so I had no idea about how the game works or market rates.

Thank you for educating me.

Josh - I really appreciate your transparency. Can you (or anyone else?) vouch roughly how many calls we're talking about here before you encounter someone that is even remotely interested in insurance?

Yes I get that it's not possible to give an exact figure - but to someone who has really no idea, to get a rough ball park figure would be good.

Note, I'm not asking how many calls before you find a golden lead and sell to that person, but rather how many calls, roughly, does it take before you find someone who is somewhat open to at least listening...

Once again, appreciate the difficulty in giving a precise answer but I'm just looking for some rough guidance here and appreciate any pointers.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Josh - I really appreciate your transparency. Can you (or anyone else?) vouch roughly how many calls we're talking about here before you encounter someone that is even remotely interested in insurance?

Really depends on the product, pitch, and market. In general, about once or twice an hour. A lot of different approaches, but typically agents that are direct tend to do better. I'm sure lots of other folks can add to the discussion about that as well.

Really depends on the product, pitch, and market. In general, about once or twice an hour. A lot of different approaches, but typically agents that are direct tend to do better. I'm sure lots of other folks can add to the discussion about that as well.

Wow, not too bad considering as this is a list and not leads per se.

What would be really cool to know is what general pick up rate is and how that varies throughout the day?

Thanks in advance.

Wow, not too bad considering as this is a list and not leads per se.

What would be really cool to know is what general pick up rate is and how that varies throughout the day?

Thanks in advance.

Really depends on the market. Best thing to do is call when it's snowing out ;)

For seniors 10-12 is the most effective followed by 1:30-3:30 and then lastly evenings from 6-8. Saturdays from 10-12 are fine too.

Businesses anything but Friday afternoon. Obvious things like don't call restaurants during meal times and such.

Working age folks, evenings and Saturdays before noon. Calling during the day can be fine, but it's really hit and miss and you've got to be prepared to pitch whoever is at home and it's really tough. People are just so damn busy trying to sell them anything during their precious little bit of free time is a real struggle and I don't know a lot of folks that do well with that.

Got it, thanks Josh.

Will be going ahead and purchasing a subscription from you.

Only issue is I'm a UK resident and so don't have a SSN. We have an NI number here in the UK which is the 9 digit equivalent but when trying to make a profile for a SAN number it won't let me enter it.

Also, I don't own my own company or anything so I don't think I need to apply for a EIN which is the only alternative.

Any ideas anyone?

Last edited:
Back