Can doctors refuse Med Supps from certain carriers?

I don't have that many doctors. Only 2 in fact. Internist and Dermatologist.

My internist has a sign on the glass listing the plans they do NOT accept. They include:
  • several MA HMO plans
  • Any Medicaid plan
  • health care "sharing" plans (which are NOT insurance)
They do accept original Medicare and SOME MA plans.

They also accept any and all Medicare supplement plans.

When someone tells me a doctor will only accept Medicare supplement plans that are approved by the doctor I know they have no clue what they are talking about. I attempt to clarify that any doc that takes Medicare will also take their Medigap plan, regardless of the carrier.

If they persist I wish them good luck and move on.

Never teach a pig to sing.

It is a waste of your time.

And it annoys the pig.

The problem with LD is that he will latch on to things like this ^ and annoy everyone with his "personal experience." He then trys to prove us wrong.

But he doesn't understand logic and can't comprehend what he reads.

And if you get hit by lightning, you won't need to worry about any bills.

I hope LD's computer gets hit by lightning so that he can leave this forum.

Bahahahahahahaha . . .

No problem with it. Only have a problem with LD arguing a point that doesn't need to be argued against.

His argument didn't hold water from the very first post he made about it. He actually said he went to the doctor and they asked him to bring it NEXT time. So, they actually did see him that time, proving right there that he was wrong.

His argument didn't hold water from the very first post he made about it. He actually said he went to the doctor and they asked him to bring it NEXT time. So, they actually did see him that time, proving right there that he was wrong.

I believe what I said was that you have to provide the medigap card if the provider requests it.

I believe Chazm or sshafran twisted that into me saying the doctor would not see you if you didn't provide the card.

I believe what I said was that you have to provide the medigap card if the provider requests it.

I believe Chazm or sshafran twisted that into me saying the doctor would not see you if you didn't provide the card.

Can’t understand logic and forgetful...

Because of the overall tone of the "request" and because I have no particular interest in changing doctors, I actually made a special trip to their office within a couple of days to get the card copy to them.

Back