Can Humana Deny PDP Enrolment?

MedSuppPro

Guru
1000 Post Club
[FONT=&quot]I have a couple coming off a group plan and they want Humana for their PDP. Humana will pay a whole lot better! I’ll help with the MedSupp portion.
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]I don’t rep Humana and so I advised them to enroll by calling Humana. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Humana told them they couldn’t enroll because they travel outside their residence state for 7 months of the year. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Has anybody heard of this PDP rule or is this yet another example of Cherry Picking?:mad:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]PS Bob – I looked in the Medicare&You 2008 and couldn’t find any mention of this rule for PDP’s. [/FONT]

Primarily -- Florida

This is a Federal Program and I understand that enrollee's must purchase their plan from the state Medi/SS shows that they reside in.

I just have never heard of this rule. Why should Humana care where they travel to. Sure, they need pharmacies whom accept their PDP plan . Humana has that.

I'm going to have her call 800Medi and ask the experts:D

Are you sure that Humana knows they only need a PDP. The issue seems to be more MA related than anything else.

I don't remember that question on the Humana PDP application. What I would do is enroll them on-line and just get it done.

I'm licensed in a bunch of states with Humana. PM me if I can be of help.

Rick

I haven't ever seen that question on Humana's application. They don't ask it in Mi. I'm suprised that they were asked this question. Usually in MI they want the clients to live here at least 6 months out of the year.

Are you sure that Humana knows they only need a PDP. The issue seems to be more MA related than anything else. Rick

I think your correct. Just called client and she claims Humana home office Rep was trying to sell them MA plans. My client whom is a retiring Geriatric Doctor was very clear in requesting a PDP. They are not interested in the MA plans.

I know many of us find this hard to believe. After all, according to the news and congress, it is us scum bag low life agents :skeptical: whom are baiting and switching.

Every Client I have ever written on a PDP with Humana has been contacted by them and told why they should enroll in there MAPD. Sometimes the clients didnt understand and enrolled thinking it was just for the PDP.

I will never sell another Humana PDP for the rest of my life.

I haven't had that experience with them. I've sold quite a few of their PDP's and really like their enhanced plan. I submit all of my apps using the paperapps, I don't know if this makes a difference

They covered this in my required Humana classroom time...

Basically, their rule says that they can only be enrolled in the state where they spend the majority of their time.

I like the advice to just enroll them online :-)

Back