Can I Ask Personal Advice Here? How to Get my Own Plan?

SueNami

Expert
Hope no one minds this- but maybe it will be something others can learn from as they read it too...

Situation is I'm in process of divorce. STBX (soon to be ex...) skipped the state and is living across the country. I found out that when he moved and took a new job he did not insure myself and our son even though a court order in my state said he should (and apparently the employer doesn't care much about enforcing an out of state court order)

That's all fine- but what do I do? I understand the process of enrolling in health insurance 0% since the obamacare started up. ? Is all health insurance obamacare? Do i have to go through the exchange? Do I have to wait until open enrollment? (though I just found out, the gap of insurance has been more than 30 days)

I'd love to hear anyone's suggestions... Thanks in advance!

I live in PA if it matters...

Edited to add- other than being plump, I'm in great health. We both are. We saw a doc for the flu this past year otherwise nothing...if anything we don't see the dr enough compared to most people's standards. (checkups= yuck)

If it's been more than 2 months the only thing you can get is a short term plan. Once open enollment opens up in November you can enroll for a January 1st effctive date.

If less than 2 months you have a special enrollment your entitled to.

Latest posts

Back