Can I Be Insured by AAA Norther California, if I Live in Los Angeles?

msadihov

I have two vehicles insured with AAA of Southern California in Los Angeles. An acquaintance of mine, an insurance/auto lease broker, is offering me to switch to AAA of Northern California promising hundreds of dollars saved per year.

He claims that there is a loop hole and I can simply cancel my insurance with Auto Club of Southern California, and he will get me insurance coverage through his agents in Northern Cali. He says that my mailing and garage addresses do not matter and AAA NorCal is not going to care that I live in LA but have coverage through them.

Do this sounds legit to anyone? I'm reluctant to take the change, not knowing if this is illegal or can be a potential red flag. Or should I just go for it, and save tons of money?

I have two vehicles insured with AAA of Southern California in Los Angeles. An acquaintance of mine, an insurance/auto lease broker, is offering me to switch to AAA of Northern California promising hundreds of dollars saved per year.

He claims that there is a loop hole and I can simply cancel my insurance with Auto Club of Southern California, and he will get me insurance coverage through his agents in Northern Cali. He says that my mailing and garage addresses do not matter and AAA NorCal is not going to care that I live in LA but have coverage through them.

Do this sounds legit to anyone? I'm reluctant to take the change, not knowing if this is illegal or can be a potential red flag. Or should I just go for it, and save tons of money?

Not a P&C shop....but any time an agent starts off with "There is a Loophole"it doesn't sit well. Being a consumer in FL I've not found a variance should I move with in the state. Although CA is another country/matter all their own....

Get a local broker involved.:yes:

Back