Can I Become an Agent Team Member with a Misdemeanor Petty Theft About 5 Years Old?

Cwhite489

Hello all,
I have a petty theft conviction that is on my record from 2011. I am already licensed in P&C/Life and health in Georgia. I currently have an offer from an agent from Allstate and just waiting on their background check to be finished. On the initial Job posting it says: Adhering to strict FCC rules, please don’t apply if you have any felony related to theft, violence, drugs within the past seven years or ANY past convictions concerning violation of the FCC rules.
Do you think I still have a chance at getting the position? What are FCC rules?

Also what other areas of the business do you think I would have a chance with the misdemeanor I have. I know I won't be able to be a captive agent because they will require 6/63 licenses and I won't be able to obtain those.

I have experience in insurance as well in underwriting for State Farm. Great references and there was no prior or subsequent convictions.

Any and all advice is appreciated.
Thanks!

Good question.

I don't know...it would seem to me since you are approved by the state, i don't see why an agent wouldn't hire you (unless its against Allstates policy).

Did you discuss this with the Head Agent?

Good question.

I don't know...it would seem to me since you are approved by the state, i don't see why an agent wouldn't hire you (unless its against Allstates policy).

Did you discuss this with the Head Agent?

Ok I was just wondering if anyone has heard a situation like this. I just got all my licenses this month. And have not yet put them to use. I have been reading lots of scenarios where you can get a license but have trouble getting appointments or actually getting hired. I have received an offer from an insurance agent for Allstate and they want me to start in 2/8 so I would have to give notice to my current job today is why I was asking because I didn't want to be out of a job if the offer was rescinded. But I did talk to the agent and she was actually really positive and helpful about the situation. She said that it's basically up to Allstate whether or not they want to approve it and if they don't then she can send in more documentation and get her manager to 'go to bat' for me and it would be fine if I started later in case it comes back declined.

Ok I was just wondering if anyone has heard a situation like this. I just got all my licenses this month. And have not yet put them to use. I have been reading lots of scenarios where you can get a license but have trouble getting appointments or actually getting hired. I have received an offer from an insurance agent for Allstate and they want me to start in 2/8 so I would have to give notice to my current job today is why I was asking because I didn't want to be out of a job if the offer was rescinded. But I did talk to the agent and she was actually really positive and helpful about the situation. She said that it's basically up to Allstate whether or not they want to approve it and if they don't then she can send in more documentation and get her manager to 'go to bat' for me and it would be fine if I started later in case it comes back declined.

Where have you been reading bout problems of getting appointed?

Allstate will approve it if the agent wants you approved. Source: Ex Allstate captive agent and I had an employee that had something similar on her record. I did not know it when I hired her (friend), but Allstate was okay unless I said no.

Back