Can I Become an Agent Team Member with a Petty Theft Misdemeanor Approx 5 Years Old?

Cwhite489

Hello all,
I have a petty theft conviction that is on my record from 2011. I am already licensed in P&C/Life and health in Georgia. I currently have an offer from an agent from Allstate and just waiting on their background check to be finished. On the initial Job posting it says: Adhering to strict FCC rules, please don’t apply if you have any felony related to theft, violence, drugs within the past seven years or ANY past convictions concerning violation of the FCC rules.
Do you think I still have a chance at getting the position? What are FCC rules?

Also what other areas of the business do you think I would have a chance with the misdemeanor I have. I know I won't be able to be a captive agent because they will require 6/63 licenses and I won't be able to obtain those.

I have experience in insurance as well in underwriting for State Farm. Great references and there was no prior or subsequent convictions.

Any and all advice is appreciated.
Thanks!

Did you disclose this incident to the DOI? That's VERY important to do.

She didn't ask and no I did not and have not said anything because the posting had said felonies for the job. Not sure what FCC rules are?

I didn't have to fill anything out for the background check the agent just asked me my social and DOB.. So there weren't any questions I had to answer yes or no to.

----------

Did you disclose this incident to the DOI? That's VERY important to do.

Oh and yes to the department of insurance when I got my licenses YES

I have already received my licenses. I am referring to getting a position with Allstate or any other company.. Will this charge still effect me if I already have the necessary licenses.

Well unfortunately I don't know the answer there. If it were me...I would just put no & cross my fingers that it doesn't come up. If they do have a problem with it & you tell them...well then you're screwed right off the bat so why bother.

I have a friend w/ a misdemeanor & he can't find work anywhere.

Well unfortunately I don't know the answer there. If it were me...I would just put no & cross my fingers that it doesn't come up. If they do have a problem with it & you tell them...well then you're screwed right off the bat so why bother.

I have a friend w/ a misdemeanor & he can't find work anywhere.

Oh crap. Ok. Well she wants me to start 2/8 which is exactly two weeks from today so I would have to put notice in to my current job but don't want to lose my job I have now if the offer is rescinded.

Do you know what FCC rules are?

Even if you do get the job, you will likely have a hard time getting any appointments with a criminal history, much less a securities license. Better go back and double check your application - if you omitted the information about your criminal history that's fraud and you can kiss it all bye bye because it will come back and even if they had forgiven the incident, they will not forgive that you lied on the application. Better to omit than lie - always.

Latest posts

Back