Can I Get a Texas General Lines License with Misdemeanors?

Probably! I would fully explain.

It was a hit check but the charge was theft by check. Everything I am reading is saying if you have a theft charge no matter if it is misdemeanor or felony the license will be denied.

I know a few people who have had the same issue and have a TX license. You just need to fully disclose on the application. They will ask you to provide court documents and an explanation.

I know a few people who have had the same issue and have a TX license. You just need to fully disclose on the application. They will ask you to provide court documents and an explanation.

Thank you so much! I am working on getting reference letters and have requested the court documents.

It was a hit check but the charge was theft by check. Everything I am reading is saying if you have a theft charge no matter if it is misdemeanor or felony the license will be denied.

Pardon my ignorance but what is a "hit check"?

That was a typo, it was a Hot Check
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
For the county appraisal district
So....were do you work now.....

I work for a county appraisal district
Pardon my ignorance but what is a "hit check"?

Not your ignorance, it was my typo....Hot Check

Last edited:
I work for a county appraisal district
cool....just checking to see if you were moving from a insurance company into selling it.....interested to see if any home office people in the health industry are losing jobs and having to sell to survive.....

cool....just checking to see if you were moving from a insurance company into selling it.....interested to see if any home office people in the health industry are losing jobs and having to sell to survive.....

I was with BCBS and worked with them for several years and when ObamaCare was passed they began laying off upper management. I decided to make a move to something a little more secure at that time.

Back