Can I see an example of an improperly structured IUL?

dbab

Super Genius
As I research IULs more and more, I keep coming across a recurring caveat. Basically, an IUL can be great, "as long as it's structured properly". Every time I read that, the author never gives an example of what an improperly structured IUL looks like.

Can someone give me an example or explain what an improperly structured IUL looks like?

As I research IULs more and more, I keep coming across a recurring caveat. Basically, an IUL can be great, "as long as it's structured properly". Every time I read that, the author never gives an example of what an improperly structured IUL looks like.

Can someone give me an example or explain what an improperly structured IUL looks like?
Typically, one run at or below target premium. That is also a design where 100% of the premium is normally commissionable.

If for income...
- Min DB/Max Accum solve on the Face amount
- Increasing DB during payment premium paying years (typically)
- illustrate a Level DB or B to A optimal DB when allowing to grow (no income, no premium payments)
-Reduce face in the year when income begins.

Typically the increasing death benefit will pay less to the agent, however, it is most often the ideal set up for a client looking to maximize their potential income from the IUL.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Last edited:

It all depends on the purpose of the insurance and what the client hopes to accomplish...

If you would have asked this question a week or 2 ago, I would have had many ideas for you. However, after a lot of qualitative & quantitative research supplied to me by a household renown tax & financial expert, I would now say that every IUL or UL is improperly structured from a client perspective. This financial guru opened my eyes to the scam. I have called the carriers on my various UL policies & have asked for the CV to be sent to me. I have also applied for 27 different Fixed Expense and Guaranteed issue policies to fit my cash values into. I slept so good the last few nights knowing I am close to having non-scam policies.

Last edited:
sheldon-sarcasm.png

50686c1e02ce8.jpeg

Back