Can I switch this person to a diff. MA?

senior-advisor-indiana

Guru
5000 Post Club
Indiana
I have a referral from a client, I called him today and he said a guy that works with me just left. I said no, he doesnt work with me. What did he sign u up on?

He signed him up today on an MA plan. He just lost his group coverage. If I see him tomorrow can I cancel that MA to sign him up on a different MA? Or is he stuck with that one. He just signed up a couple hours ago.

He will have to cancel the application that he filled out, then he can enroll with you. He should be able to do that with a call to the first carrier.

In general, Medicare will go with the last signature date if two apps are taken in the same month, but that does not always happen.

Hey ther SAI,
your client would not be actualy enrolled to the first of the month anyway as plans strt and stop on the first. So the last one entered should be the good one.
Regards
Steve B

Hey ther SAI,
your client would not be actualy enrolled to the first of the month anyway as plans strt and stop on the first. So the last one entered should be the good one.
Regards
Steve B

It should be that way, but not necessarily. I've been told that that's not necessarily the case even with the same company i.e. enrolling in a standalone PDP and then a MA. I'd try to get the enrollment nullified if possible, (to make sure it never gets to CMS) but expect a runaround.

Back