Can pass the freakin Tests ! (P&C)

Agent5913

Expert
I am scheduled to contract with a Major P&C company in My state. I am supose to contract on Oct.1. One things holds me back, THE TEST!!! :mad:

I have 3 tests and failed the P&C for the second time today.

Heres the problem. I am currently working 55 hours per week in a retail establishment, I have 3 super active kids (sports) and my wife has volunteered us to teach sunday school once a month.

I get home around 6:30 pm and she does too, the kids are either starving or amped. Schools back in, homework, supper, bath and its 9:30 pm. PAST their bedtimes!

My wife is a professional as well and is too studying for a state exam of her on on the 15th of this month. We have NO TIME and I feel like Im burning the candle at both ends.

I have opted for the online study, I had no choice, the class was 5 days in a row from 8-5 and I couldnt take a week off work. Its ok, you get a book and can go online and take practice tests and the real simulated test also.

I aced the simulated test (aced to me is 110 correct out of 120) and then today bomb the real one. The questions are all re worded and make you thing about the situation in a round and about way. I will admit that there were several that I had no idea about, close eyes and pick one!

Sorry, just had to vent! Ill get it, just wont be contracting on 10/1 !! :mad:

Re: Can pass the freakin TESTS!!!!! (P&C)

I don't understand why you have to pass by 10/1 - is P&C going somewhere? Why can't this wait? Is this a "job" i.e. base or commission only?

Sorry family first - insurance isn't going anywhere - particularly P&C - take your time and good luck

One of the benefits to taking a real live course from an instructor is that they will have you highlight the things in the book that are 90% likely to be on the exams and tell you not to worry about sections that are not likely to be on it.

Look for a cram course that will be only a one-day or two-day session. This might fit better into your schedule. If you find one, take it as close to your test date as possible. Let no more than 48 hours elapse between finishing the cram course and taking the test.

Get plenty of sleep the night before your test, but arrive an hour early and cram in the car before you go in to take the test. I believe that this will be more effective than cramming all night and going in sleepy.

Good Luck,

"I took my P&C through Financial Academy and they spent a day on just test taking skills. What they taught really made a difference for me. I will gladly share with you what I learned if you would like to talk. My number is 540-241-1702."

- I did too when I lived in the chesterfield area....I have used their test taking skills in other things too, turning EVERY question into a TRUE/False question! I scored a 92/100 on my L&H took the P&C class but never took the test....

Wasn't the guys name McMenamen or something like that?

I am scheduled to contract with a Major P&C company in My state. I am supose to contract on Oct.1. One things holds me back, THE TEST!!! :mad:

I have 3 tests and failed the P&C for the second time today.

Heres the problem. I am currently working 55 hours per week in a retail establishment, I have 3 super active kids (sports) and my wife has volunteered us to teach sunday school once a month.

I get home around 6:30 pm and she does too, the kids are either starving or amped. Schools back in, homework, supper, bath and its 9:30 pm. PAST their bedtimes!

My wife is a professional as well and is too studying for a state exam of her on on the 15th of this month. We have NO TIME and I feel like Im burning the candle at both ends.

I have opted for the online study, I had no choice, the class was 5 days in a row from 8-5 and I couldnt take a week off work. Its ok, you get a book and can go online and take practice tests and the real simulated test also.

I aced the simulated test (aced to me is 110 correct out of 120) and then today bomb the real one. The questions are all re worded and make you thing about the situation in a round and about way. I will admit that there were several that I had no idea about, close eyes and pick one!

Sorry, just had to vent! Ill get it, just wont be contracting on 10/1 !! :mad:

I consider myself a bright guy, but I could never pass this test if I took the course only :nah:online, I have never met one person who took the class online and passed. I want to be honest I think you need to try and go to school on the weekends, I know in CA they offer that I hope they offer that in your state, now it may take you past your date but like the other person said insurance is not going anywhere. The worst feeling in the world is to keep failing the test. So just take a step back and see what you think would be best now you have taken the test twice with online, try going in class and see if things don't change.

Wow, this thread was resurrected from the dead. Almost 2 years, no posts, now it's alive and well.

Funny thing is, it's still pretty applicable :)

Dan

"I took my P&C through Financial Academy and they spent a day on just test taking skills. What they taught really made a difference for me. I will gladly share with you what I learned if you would like to talk. My number is 540-241-1702."

- I did too when I lived in the chesterfield area....I have used their test taking skills in other things too, turning EVERY question into a TRUE/False question! I scored a 92/100 on my L&H took the P&C class but never took the test....

Wasn't the guys name McMenamen or something like that?

I think his name was something like that. I really didn't pay attention. It is definitely a good school.

Back