Can This Client Change Med Supp Plans?

Jeff

Expert
Md
I don't do med supp yet but am researching to start offering it.

I have a current client in Maryland who's husband wants me to look into options for him. He's 73 on BCBS medigap and just got a rate increase. Please help me understand underwriting... he has atrial fibrillation & Trigeminal neurosis.
Is he stuck where he is or will other carriers acccept him based on his pre-ex's???

A-fib is generally acceptable with most carriers. Depends on other factors, too. Pacemaker? What meds? As for Trigeminal neurosis, as long as he is not being treated by a psychiatrist for this he should be able to find something. But, also depends on how long he has been diagnosed and what meds he is on for this also.

I work med supps in Maryland and can help with this if you want. PM me if you do. BCBS rates are def beatable in Maryland. If he can qualify he should be able to save $700+/yr.

I have a current client in Maryland who's husband wants me to look into options for him. He's 73 on BCBS medigap and just got a rate increase. Please help me understand underwriting... he has atrial fibrillation & Trigeminal neurosis.
Is he stuck where he is or will other carriers acccept him based on his pre-ex's???

I think you mean trigeminal neuralgia.

Understanding underwriting is pretty simple. You, the agent, are the underwriter. If the prospect successfully answers no to the health questions the company will issue the policy. If he answers yes to any of them the company probably will not issue the policy.

If there is a question you are not sure about call the company and speak to an underwriter. In this case ask the specific questions you asked here. Since they are the ones who have the final word why not pick up the phone and call them? When asking make sure you have the exact medical term used to refer to their problem.

Calling the company will save you a lot of hassle and wasted time.

Back