Can You Delete ALL Your Posts?

G

Let's assume you want all your posts to be deleted.

Obviously, if you were quoted, there is no way to get rid of those.

But is there a quick and easy way to delete ALL of your own posts, especially if there are a couple of hundred (or thousand?)

Can or will Val do it upon request. Technically I would think that it could be easily done via the vBulliten control panel?

Thanks.

We can't delete someone's posts in bulk, but any user should be able to delete them all, I think they can go to their user profile and click on latest posts and just click check all and go down to each page and within a few minutes, they could all be deleted.

We can delete someone's account, which is permanent, and then all posts show up as guest, but we have occasionally had people want to get rid of their footprint and so we have them delete their posts first and then we delete the account.

Why are you wanting to delete all of your post? It is easy to delete a couple of post.

I would like to see some of the fighting stop on this forum. We can all have different point of views without attacking each other.

We can all respect each other. We all have bad days. I think this forum is a great resource and place to talk about insurance.

I dont want to see any guru leave this forum or delete their post.

We can't delete someone's posts in bulk, but any user should be able to delete them all, I think they can go to their user profile and click on latest posts and just click check all and go down to each page and within a few minutes, they could all be deleted.

We can delete someone's account, which is permanent, and then all posts show up as guest, but we have occasionally had people want to get rid of their footprint and so we have them delete their posts first and then we delete the account.

From what I can see, it is easy to find all of your posts via the Search function, but there is no check-box next to each one letting you mark them for deletion for a (non-existent) delete-button on the bottom.

You have to go to each individual post, click the "edit" icon, and then click "delete." If you have several hundred (or maybe over a thousand) posts it would take weeks!!

If I'm not mistaken, there is a mass delete function as an option in vBulletin... where you pull up a page of posts, can click a check-box and then click a button... similar to how deletion of PMs works. The admin has to enable it. But maybe I'm confusing vBulletin with another content manager... perhaps Joom or Drupal?

Hello!
This doesn't seem viable anymore, anyway to still delete old posts?

Back