Can You Do This Without Any Home Support?

Corporate Death

Guru
100+ Post Club
So, a friend called me today, been out of work for a few months. He's been called by just about every captive agency in North Cackalacky. Wanted to know if any money can be made in Insurance. I told him yes, but you have to work your butt off for every dime.

Said he's not really in love with sales, but could see making it a profession if he earned some money. He also said that his wife was TOTALLY against him even CONSIDERING a profession in the industry.

Now.... to ME, the lack of passion about it could be overcome... to a point. Maybe he could make a few bucks here and there, but without passion, his earnings would be very inconsistent. The lack of home support, in my opinion, would be what would ultimately pull him out of it. She would pretty much ignore what he was doing (but spend the money) and would not really be supportive or make him stay true to his goals. I pretty much told him all of the above.

I don't know what else to tell him. I do think that without that support, and with him trying to make calls from home while she is screaming at the kids or watching TV, he's going to hit a brick wall.

What say you?

So, a friend called me today, been out of work for a few months. He's been called by just about every captive agency in North Cackalacky. Wanted to know if any money can be made in Insurance. I told him yes, but you have to work your butt off for every dime.

Said he's not really in love with sales, but could see making it a profession if he earned some money. He also said that his wife was TOTALLY against him even CONSIDERING a profession in the industry.

Now.... to ME, the lack of passion about it could be overcome... to a point. Maybe he could make a few bucks here and there, but without passion, his earnings would be very inconsistent. The lack of home support, in my opinion, would be what would ultimately pull him out of it. She would pretty much ignore what he was doing (but spend the money) and would not really be supportive or make him stay true to his goals. I pretty much told him all of the above.

I don't know what else to tell him. I do think that without that support, and with him trying to make calls from home while she is screaming at the kids or watching TV, he's going to hit a brick wall.

What say you?

This is a tough enough gig as it is constantly being kicked and having to turn around and keep going back out there...Thats bad enough in the field but the at home it can be a killer.

He needs to forget it without her support. It is tough enough with support.

I agree.

I have little support at home. No interest whatsoever, and have to remind everyone to shut the hell up and get out of my "phone room", but I manage to make do. Very inconsistent, some unbelievable weeks, some just garbage, but it's paying the bills. Passion seems to be waning though, running into so many people who were "just laid off".

I think starting out in this industry with little support, even at a good captive agency, and very little passion, would be suicidal. Just my opinion though.

Back