Can You Make It on Determination Alone? PNC

Scenario:

You've decided to start from scratch (PNC). You got a list of scrubbed households in your area. You cold call consistently throughout the day, because you've got no service at this point. You then go door-to-door and see what you can drum up. Rinse repeat.

Scenario:

You've decided to start from scratch (PNC). You got a list of scrubbed households in your area. You cold call consistently throughout the day, because you've got no service at this point. You then go door-to-door and see what you can drum up. Rinse repeat.

I think this is a question you need to be asking yourself. This might help(it's also available in paperback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol thank you for the youtube link... I guess the question I didn't voice is:

Is time better spent building relationships w/ realtors and local mortgage companies? Or would you just bust it out and cold call and d2d day 1.

Lol thank you for the youtube link... I guess the question I didn't voice is:

Is time better spent building relationships w/ realtors and local mortgage companies? Or would you just bust it out and cold call and d2d day 1.

Aren't you prospecting while you're building a relationship with realtors and local mortgage companies?

I think that you should definitely cold call and go door to door from day 1. Get yourself out there and market yourself...and when the going gets tough say, "I think I can, I think I can...I KNOW I CAN!" :yes:

Yes, you can absolutely do both.

Here's the deal: You need to categorize all the various prospecting activities you can do under these two categories: "Today Prospecting" and "Tomorrow Prospecting".

Today Prospecting is anything you can do to get paid today (within this month).

Tomorrow Prospecting is any prospecting activity that is designed to build momentum for the future, such as networking, etc.

Don't confuse the two... and don't spend too much time during the day/week on tomorrow prospecting. Perhaps 2-4 hours per week (one morning or afternoon) on "tomorrow prospecting" and the rest on "today prospecting" in order to be profitable now.

Thank you for the replies, I like the idea of today and tomorrow prospecting.

In terms of today prospecting....having your knowledge in the field and going through the initial stages of starting from scratch.....where is time most valuable? What physical action should be focused on the most throughout a week? 80% cold call / 20% D2D....what important activities should i also throw in the mix for today prospecting.

It depends on your ideal client profile.

If your ideal client profile is homeowners, then it's doing whatever it takes to get in front of homeowners during the day. This can include cold-calling or door-knocking. Then arriving early to "clover-leaf" around your appointment. Clover-leafing is going to the left and right of the appointment to introduce yourself and the work you do.

If your ideal client profile is a business owner... it's doing the same thing.

But it starts with knowing who your ideal client profile is right now... and then positioning everything about you to serve that profile.

----------

Oh, and your ideal client profile should be a large market that you can ACCESS... not necessarily your largest premium cases possible.

But it starts with knowing who your ideal client profile is right now... and then positioning everything about you to serve that profile.

I absolutely agree. Spraying and praying is not a strategy. Niche down, however difficult it may seem against the temptation of feeling like you're missing out on other business.

To expand on DHK's comment "positioning everything about you to serve that profile," I would encourage you to brand yourself as an person before an agent, agency, or insurers you represent. If you have that foundation strong, your insurers can change rate, your appointments can change, your agency could change, but the trust you build with clients will not have an interruption. We're in this for residual income right?

Hayato
closingcommercial dot com

Extremely rare, I'd say. YOU NEED TOOLS - all kinds - Top Tier Carriers, back office support, etc, etc - you need AgentsNet! We can give you the tools you need to add to your determination and then succeed! check us out!

Back