Can You Make It on Determination Alone? PNC

Extremely rare, I'd say. YOU NEED TOOLS - all kinds - Top Tier Carriers, back office support, etc, etc - you need AgentsNet! We can give you the tools you need to add to your determination and then succeed! check us out!

Something about this doesn't attract me to your company...no offense.

----------

It depends on your ideal client profile.

If your ideal client profile is homeowners, then it's doing whatever it takes to get in front of homeowners during the day. This can include cold-calling or door-knocking. Then arriving early to "clover-leaf" around your appointment. Clover-leafing is going to the left and right of the appointment to introduce yourself and the work you do.

If your ideal client profile is a business owner... it's doing the same thing.

But it starts with knowing who your ideal client profile is right now... and then positioning everything about you to serve that profile.

----------

Oh, and your ideal client profile should be a large market that you can ACCESS... not necessarily your largest premium cases possible.

Thanks Dhk, sorry for double post. On my iphone so it makes double quoting difficult.

I've been thinking about what you wrote. So you advise to focus on pnc and only pnc starting out. Once you've written them for their auto or home would you at that appointment cross sell? Or later?

I am a licensed agent myself. Knocking on doors to get in front of home owners, not sure that is good advice. In my neighborhood most people are working during the day. We have a variety of renters and home owners. If someone knocked on the door to try and get my home owners policy, I'd be leary and not interested. If I'm a home owner, I currently have the insurance to be on a mortgage. If I am considering looking around, I'd go by word of mouth or check with the company that already has my car insurance.

I'm sorry if my original response sounded to advertisy - but I was serious, that you do need the tools. You need the carriers, you need the back office set up, computer system, etc. You are going to generate most of your leads through the auto - that gets them in and gives you the right to ask for additional business.

Door to door knocking to sell home owners - a bit risky - to big of a time eater with little if anything to show for it. Thanks, -b

Extremely rare, I'd say. YOU NEED TOOLS - all kinds - Top Tier Carriers, back office support, etc, etc - you need AgentsNet! We can give you the tools you need to add to your determination and then succeed! check us out!

Thanks for that. AgentsNet website is somewhat confusing and wordy. Could you clarify the function? I understand how they will do back-office work for you so that the independent agent can focus on the client acquisition part of their business and not be bogged down by the administrative side of the placement and/or renewal process.

1) Since AgentsNet is limited to the state of FL handles policies, I assume it has P&C licensing in place while mainly being a technology platform with some back office manual administrative workers. Correct?

2) If AgentsNet is a business that requires licensing, then how do I pay you? Is it a set fee for the use of the services? Or do we split commission?

Thanks.

Hayato
closingcommercial dot com

1. Yes P&C Licensed, not just some back office - the total package. We have a complete computer system (you have to only provide the laptop and internet service) we provide the Terminal Service, IT Support - billing, have the TAM The Agency Manager System - give you a website with your name on it, your own email and phone number - we provide you with an IP Phone that records all calls coming in or going out and provide you with e&o insurance. Literally we provide everything you would need to get to open your own shop (except the clients and the sales ability you bring). In addition we offer Top Tier Carriers - it is a complete Turn-Key Operation.

2. You would need a 220 license. There is a one-time fee and no monthly costs. You would get from day one and everyday after that - 100% commission on new business and depending upon volume and loss ration 50-65% on renewals.

If you are in Florida (and we are wanting to expand to all 50 states as we are able) and are interested, please email me at [email protected] and send me your phone number and I'll give you a call.

Thanks -Barb

I am a licensed agent myself. Knocking on doors to get in front of home owners, not sure that is good advice. In my neighborhood most people are working during the day. We have a variety of renters and home owners. If someone knocked on the door to try and get my home owners policy, I'd be leary and not interested. If I'm a home owner, I currently have the insurance to be on a mortgage. If I am considering looking around, I'd go by word of mouth or check with the company that already has my car insurance.

I'm sorry if my original response sounded to advertisy - but I was serious, that you do need the tools. You need the carriers, you need the back office set up, computer system, etc. You are going to generate most of your leads through the auto - that gets them in and gives you the right to ask for additional business.

Door to door knocking to sell home owners - a bit risky - to big of a time eater with little if anything to show for it. Thanks, -b

Just to keep the conversation on prospecting going a bit...

You're right... it can be a bit risky for your time. It will be less efficient than doing everything over the phone. However, it will be a more effective contact if you present yourself well, are well organized, and carry a copy of your insurance license with you and/or are wearing a 'branded' shirt.

The idea is to make a professional introduction and extend an invitation to see what you can do for them. If they're not interested, move on to the next house.

To make your time more efficient, you can choose to knock on only the homes with cars out in front of them.

If communicating in person was the exact same effectiveness as over the phone, then I'd agree... stick with the phone. But insurance is a people business (or at least it should be). People buy people and would rather put a face to your name and voice than do business with someone they've never met over the phone. (That's my opinion anyway.)

And there is always SOMEBODY home during the day in every neighborhood. Talk to them and they'll probably say that you'll need to call back when their working spouse is home. No problem. You now have a WARM lead to call back and it won't be a true cold-call.

Just because people are predisposed to checking with their neighbors or with their auto carrier... doesn't mean that you can't make a good impression and see if you can compete for their business.

Just some thoughts to consider.

I've never sold P&C, but making a quality professional impression will lead to business.

One little story here:

Agent is tired of Personal lines. Goes to Vegas to write off the trip. Stumbles onto a Veterinarian convention. Makes nice, asks questions, makes friends, learns a lot. Goes home after partying for a few days and getting refreshed. but Wait. He now knows a ton about Veterinarians and what their insurance needs are. He start insuring them. He becomes the Vet guy. He went deep in one category. He goes to the convention every year now. And writes Vets all over the country.

Bam. That's what they are talking about.

One little story here:

Agent is tired of Personal lines. Goes to Vegas to write off the trip. Stumbles onto a Veterinarian convention. Makes nice, asks questions, makes friends, learns a lot. Goes home after partying for a few days and getting refreshed. but Wait. He now knows a ton about Veterinarians and what their insurance needs are. He start insuring them. He becomes the Vet guy. He went deep in one category. He goes to the convention every year now. And writes Vets all over the country.

That's your personal testimony right? Very interesting!

Hayato
closingcommercial dot com

One little story here:

True Story? :no: - well lol anyway :laugh:

Back