Can You Target by Home Value?

CALTCAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Is there a way to target by home value?

Also, is there a way to target a person living in a home, but NOT owning it?

Thanks!

I've always wondered how some of these lists are compiled. Some stuff is public information, such as the value of my house, but other stuff is not.

If I had diabetes, in theory two people know that - me and my doctor. HIPAA prevents my doctor from disclosing that info to anyone.

My income. Two "people" know - me and the IRS. So how would anyone be able to buy something that claims to know what I made?

I've always wondered how some of these lists are compiled. Some stuff is public information, such as the value of my house, but other stuff is not.

If I had diabetes, in theory two people know that - me and my doctor. HIPAA prevents my doctor from disclosing that info to anyone.

My income. Two "people" know - me and the IRS. So how would anyone be able to buy something that claims to know what I made?

On the diabetic data in particular it's usually sourced through surveys and OTC purchases.

Presuming you've ever filled out a credit application then there are other folks that know what you've told them your income was (which may or may not have been verified). For example, I have a stripped down credit filter that let's me filter by estimated FICO scores. That's straight from the credit bureaus.

Although I very much doubt I'll ever get the question answered, I'm very curious about how infofree sources their data. Keeping an accurate file requires updating which costs money and they aren't charging much (though their prices do seem to keep going up). Although I don't normally do this, I'm going to flat out call them out for being liars:

Truth About Sales Leads | Infofree

Business Database is compiled and updated by us. Our average accuracy is 90% — the Best in the industry!
Consumer/Homeowner Database are licensed from third parties. Our average accuracy is 85% – nothing better exists.

I call BS. My data beats both those numbers and it's a flat out lie to say that the highest consumer accuracy number is 85%. I run 97%-99% all day long. Sometimes there are bad batches and it can drop down a bit, but 85% on my lists is a BAD list (and I'll replace 100% of the bad records). That 90% number on businesses is junk too, but it's tough to argue with the price. If you're cold calling and running it through a predictive dialer (in case you're wondering, no, my dialer isn't allergic to infofree data, so feel free to ask about that) then I don't know how much the accuracy on that is really going to be killing you, especially when it comes to disconnects which it'll filter out automatically. If it's for a mailer, that's a different situation because it only takes a few percent coming back for it to cost you more in postage than a good list would cost.

Monday I picked up a client that was with Sales Genie for years, talked to infofree, and then decided to spend a great deal more with me because they thought I had a better value proposition, but the reality is there is plenty of business out there for everyone. Some folks like infofree, some folks like Affordable Marketing Lists | Compare us to Sales Genie, and thousands and thousands of folks still happily use www.SalesGenie.com.

Since when is a credit bureau allowed to release my credit score without my written authorization.

That's a great question. It's an estimated credit score within a 50 point margin. I don't think that changes the substance of your question, but I don't have the answer either. I would suspect for at least 15 years, but I'm picking that number arbitrarily.

That's a great question. It's an estimated credit score within a 50 point margin. I don't think that changes the substance of your question, but I don't have the answer either. I would suspect for at least 15 years, but I'm picking that number arbitrarily.

I'll have to search for a reference that allows any credit scoring agency to release my credit score within a 50 point margin. I'll admit I'm wrong, but without searching I don't believe they can release a single shred of info about me.

And how would anyone's name be tied to an OTC purchase of medication?

Last edited:
I'll have to search for a reference that allows any credit scoring agency to release my credit score within a 50 point margin. I'll admit I'm wrong, but without searching I don't believe they can release a single shred of info about me.

Specific credit data is both more expensive and more tightly controlled than a standard marketing list, but it's definitely available. I can even broker lists of folks that are late on their mortgage and all sorts of other stuff.

Specific credit data is both more expensive and more tightly controlled than a standard marketing list, but it's definitely available. I can even broker lists of folks that are late on their mortgage and all sorts of other stuff.

I did a quick search. Credit agencies cannot release any kind of data about me without my written permission. No one could get my score within 500 points. It's not available.

Foreclosure notices are a matter of public record.

And how would anyone's name be tied to an OTC purchase of medication?

They are getting it from somewhere, after all how else would you get so many pre-screened credit card offers?

You ever pay for your meds with a credit card or debit card? Do you have a shopper's card or maybe a discount card?

Back