Canceling Policy During Divorce

sparklyu

Just found out that my spouse canceled his term life insurance even though he was under standing court orders not to do so. Specific court orders were sent stating that a change in beneficiaries could not take place, but the lawyer forgot to include any changes on the account such as cancellation.

Spouse has had serious health issues (multiple heart attacks) and is out of the country.

Changes may have been made by his brother in an effort to avoid Islam's prohibition on life insurance.

When I call, I hear that the policy is paid until its renewal date... but then it says a request for term cancellation was put in.

Is there anything that can be done via court order or anything? What about fraud? There are four minor children.

I was willing to pay the premium. But if he cancelled it, aren't I screwed already?

When I call, though, it says it is paid through the end of the policy. Does that give me hope?

I was willing to pay the premium. But if he cancelled it, aren't I screwed already?

Unfortunately you are right....you have to understand the insurance company wants out also....pure profit for years and its time to cut bait....so sweet talk the ex on working with you to keep this policy going....are kids involved...

Unfortunately you are right....you have to understand the insurance company wants out also....pure profit for years and its time to cut bait....so sweet talk the ex on working with you to keep this policy going....are kids involved...
Four kids. So does he have until the policy expires to change his mind, basically? Obviously the Judge is pissed... he's in contempt...but is there anything else that can be done?

Back