Cancer Plan Med Supp Cross Sell

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
TN
I have not sold cancer plans as of Yet, But I am getting interested in adding as a cross-sell, Mostly for med supp, I wanted to know what are some good plans to sell, and why?

Which have good premiums and Commission and which have easy E-apps and what else might be important to consider

One of the reason I am looking into this I have seen a few clients with Med Supp have some high-cost share for Cancer meds some are over 10K per month on PDP go though Donught hole 1st month then $500 or more per month

That's just meds without other expenses

Also interested in knowing about underwriting, Which most can qualify for

Also, how is long term persistency

Last edited:
One of the reason I am looking into this I have seen a few clients with Med Supp have some high-cost share for Cancer meds some are over 10K per month on PDP go though Donught hole 1st month then $500 or more per month

That's just meds without other expenses

Also interested in knowing about underwriting, Which most can qualify for
I like UNL's . It's affordable, 4 pans to choose from schedule of benefits with first occurrence rider and has an e-app. As far as UW, 10 year look back on cancer. 50%+ on commissions.:yes:

Rouse is the expert on cancer insurance.

I like UNL's . It's affordable, 4 pans to choose from schedule of benefits with first occurrence rider and has an e-app. As far as UW, 10 year look back on cancer. 50%+ on commissions.:yes:

do they do near 12% on renewals?

goillini52 said:

While we're talking about supplemental insurance, how about critical illness with a cancer rider?

I have a friend in his late 50s who I worked with at a call center (the one who took a broker contract of mine). He's not a smoker, nor is he diabetic, etc. He had a crap HIP, which was fine until last spring when he suddenly lost vision in one eye without warning. It was a stroke and he now has a $12,000 bill which he's trying to negotiate down.

Then during AEP he ended up with major heart issues. A social worker came to visit in the hospital and he's now on Medicaid. But that won't help with the $12,000. Shameful, if you ask me that the employer's group coverage is this bad and they own call centers all over the country.

Last edited:
goillini52 said:

While we're talking about supplemental insurnace, how about critical illness with a cancer rider?

I have a friend in his late 50s who I worked with at a call center (the one who took a broker contract of mine). He's not a smoker, nor is he diabetic, etc. He had a crap HIP, which was fine until last spring when he suddenly lost vision in one eye without warning. It was a stroke and he now has a $12,000 bill which he's trying to negotiate down.

Then during AEP he ended up with major heart issues. A social worker came to visit in the hospital and he's now on Medicaid. But that won't help with the $12,000. Shameful, if you ask me that the employer's group coverage is this bad and they own call centers all over the country.

I agree with g52 about Louis and cancer. If you have not listened to it, there is a link on site somewhere to an interview Louis did with either (or maybe both) Rick or Nick Perry about cancer insurance. It is something that I would recommend that any site member considering selling cancer insurance should listen to.

edit---
found a link and posted it below.
end edit----

Last edited:
I have not sold cancer plans as of Yet, But I am getting interested in adding as a cross-sell, Mostly for med supp, I wanted to know what are some good plans to sell, and why?

Which have good premiums and Commission and which have easy E-apps and what else might be important to consider

I think I recently saw rousemark make a post to the effect if he was starting over, knowing what he knows now, that he would strongly consider making a career with primary focus on cancer insurance. I was looking for it because I wanted to ask him if he was serious with that statement and believed it would really be possible, but I couldn't turn up the place he made the comment.

You know his story and I think he believes very strongly the product is saleable and that there is a great carrier/product mix available for all ages and many many health backgrounds in today's market.

He has unloaded a good portion of the spectrum on g52 a couple of times in recent threads.

I had some U65 clients that worked as CDC contractors. Lousy indemnity plan. Completely voluntary - NO employer contribution.

One of them is now a Medicare client.

Back