Cancer plans - add-on for MAPD

JJ2713

Guru
Is a cancer plan a good add-on for MAPD?

I would assume so since the MAPD Plans I've looked at only cover chemotherapy 80%, with the consumer responsible for 20% of the cost, up to the MOOP of the MAPD Plan.

If they do chemotherapy towards the end of the year and then in the beginning of the year, they could hit their MOOP twice. That could be $6 - 12K, depending on their MOOP.

I would assume so since the MAPD Plans I've looked at only cover chemotherapy 80%, with the consumer responsible for 20% of the cost, up to the MOOP of the MAPD Plan.

If they do chemotherapy towards the end of the year and then in the beginning of the year, they could hit their MOOP twice. That could be $6 - 12K, depending on their MOOP.

lol

The answer to your question is yes... cancer rates are high... and in some family groups a sure thing...

I use UNL and the rates here (IL) are very doable...

"Direct Pay" means to the client... not the hospital and doctor... money in the pocket

Agree with Packerland. Cancer plan and a HI plan. Paid direct to the client. Washington National has one that is a Combo. Choose a Cancer plan up to 100K and add to it a HI plan. The client can also add spouse to the plan, no seperate app needed.

Cancer ins is a good add-on whether they've chosen MA or a Med Supp. Two-thirds of cancer-related costs are non-medical, so they'll be paying for that stuff out of their own pocket regardless of what their health insurance is. I recommend Aetna's plan and presenting 3 options – a $10k benefit, $20k benefit, and $30k benefit. The premium is about $30, $60, and $90 for those, respectively. One of the easiest add-ons I think you'll sell, and it's filling a huge need for your clients. That's my two cents.

Is that what you do with your clients?

BTW, how much will a med supp pay for travel to a facility, new clothes due to weight loss,income loss when wage earner has to care for cancer patient, etc.?

Rick
Need for those things depends on how serious the cancer is.

Back