Cancer Survivor Life Quote

eagles12

Expert
A successful female business owner called me five weeks ago for a life quote.
While meeting with her and doing the fact finder she revealed she had
had cervical cancer treatment 15-years ago. At the time I didn't question her about her treatment details, medication or exact dates of cancer onset and ending. I made an appointment to meet her for the following week.

During the interim, I spoke to two company underwriting departments. Both departments wanted me to get more information regarding the cancer treatment . I called her back to get the additional information. She said she had been cancer free since 2001 and would get me the details We reset the appointment for a week out. One day before the meeting she called to say that a water main had broke on her property and that she'd call me to reschedule the next day. She didn't call.

A day after that I texted a note to her expessing that I hoped that her water main issue had been resolved with no serious property damage and that I'd like to set a time to meet two weeks out on a specific day and time. That date has come and gone with no response from her.

She was part of an executive multi-store new/used car dealer group where I'd written several $1 mil dollar term policies back in the 90's. Now she has her own car business.

How should I proceed?

Thank you.

sounds like a dead deal......any company will order records and if she is not ready to disclose name and dates of treatment then you do not have a client....and why are you trying to meet her....all you need is doctors contacts and dates......can be emailed......

A successful female business owner called me five weeks ago for a life quote.
While meeting with her and doing the fact finder she revealed she had
had cervical cancer treatment 15-years ago. At the time I didn't question her about her treatment details, medication or exact dates of cancer onset and ending. I made an appointment to meet her for the following week.

During the interim, I spoke to two company underwriting departments. Both departments wanted me to get more information regarding the cancer treatment . I called her back to get the additional information. She said she had been cancer free since 2001 and would get me the details We reset the appointment for a week out. One day before the meeting she called to say that a water main had broke on her property and that she'd call me to reschedule the next day. She didn't call.

A day after that I texted a note to her expessing that I hoped that her water main issue had been resolved with no serious property damage and that I'd like to set a time to meet two weeks out on a specific day and time. That date has come and gone with no response from her.

She was part of an executive multi-store new/used car dealer group where I'd written several $1 mil dollar term policies back in the 90's. Now she has her own car business.

How should I proceed?

Thank you.

Agree with STI, this is a questionnaire situation and several weeks in process. I would explain the great thing is rather than saying no without any information, they will personally look at her situation. She will get individual treatment from underwriting.

The down side is it takes a little while. But she isn't obligated, but at least we'll know what's out there for her.

Good luck. She may be gone, or actually just really busy.

Its hard to say, like they said...she may be gone, or just may be busy. I'd keep after her, but not pester. If she is 15yrs out, likely she'll be fine on getting approved...but obviously you need to go through the process to know for sure.

And fwiw, there is nothing I hate worse than a prospect that just disappears. Especially if they contacted me. Either tell me yes or no, I'm ok with either. Just wish folks had the guts to do that. Hope she resurfaces for you.

Back