"Canned" Presentation or Not

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
There has long been a debate on whether an agent should use a "canned" presentation or not. It seems mot of the big life producers used them in one form or another. On this page is a short review of C.P. Rogge, "The World's Largest Life Insurance Producer" in 1929.... Notice the comment, "Rogge canned his rehearsed sales speech and started using “eye-appeal cards” featuring concise details from special policies."

87 years in life insurance history | ThinkAdvisor

Sure would like to read a copy or the-article he wrote for Life Insurance Selling.

There has long been a debate on whether an agent should use a "canned" presentation or not. It seems mot of the big life producers used them in one form or another. On this page is a short review of C.P. Rogge, "The World's Largest Life Insurance Producer" in 1929.... Notice the comment, "Rogge canned his rehearsed sales speech and started using “eye-appeal cards” featuring concise details from special policies."

87 years in life insurance history | ThinkAdvisor

Sure would like to read a copy or the-article he wrote for Life Insurance Selling.
I used a "canned presentation" when I 1st started. I think a "canned presentation" is good for a new agent, as it gives them a step by step stuctured presentation to use until they don't need it anymore. :yes:

I used a "canned presentation" when I 1st started. I think a "canned presentation" is good for a new agent, as it gives them a step by step stuctured presentation to use until they don't need it anymore. :yes:

Whether it's intended to be canned or not, I think we all end up saying about the same thing on each appointment, but be ready to pivot if you have to.

I'm with Todd, "we end up saying about the same thing on each appointment". I've used the same or similar wording, for years. One thing I was taught, when someone breaks in say, "I'll get to that in a minute." Well, unless they put a gun or knife, then it's time to run...

I'm with Todd, "we end up saying about the same thing on each appointment". I've used the same or similar wording, for years. One thing I was taught, when someone breaks in say, "I'll get to that in a minute." Well, unless they put a gun or knife, then it's time to run...
When you're 1st starting and they interrupt you and you lose your place and have to start over from the beginning. :laugh:

When you're 1st starting and they interrupt you and you lose your place and have to start over from the beginning. :laugh:

You laugh, but you'd be surprised. Years ago when I co-sponsored a dinner for a particular medical association, my presentation was to follow the pharmaceutical rep's presentation.

Well that guy was a moron. He couldn't figure out power-point, so when he advanced his slides, it would end up starting over from the beginning! Half the room left before I and the senior agent got the chance to speak. Never did that crap again.

Back