Can't Believe it Took me This Long

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
I admit. I am a disorganized but organized fool. Pretty good at documenting things. Finding WHERE I documented them is another thing.

Most of my phone discussions are memorialized (borrowed that word from a lawyer) in email. All I have to do is search my email for the person and topic and it comes up.

I do everything possible in "the cloud". Gave MS Office, Excel, etc the boot years ago in favor of Google Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.

My CRM at one time was Paradox, a database program.

I hate making notes and then entering them again in another program or two, so no, I don't have a REAL CRM.

About a week ago I was getting ready for a phone interview when I realized I had this lady's info in a number of emails and doc's on Drive. Decided to open Doc in my Medigap Client folder on Drive and create a summary. Spent about 10 minutes opening and closing emails while copying and pasting relevent info into my "Mary" Doc file. Included all her contact info (copy and pasted from my Contact database). When I was done I had 7 pages of info.

Found this so easy I am now doing it regularly.

You may think I am nuts for not having a real CRM or for doing it this way. That's OK. It works for me.

I admit. I am a disorganized but organized fool. Pretty good at documenting things. Finding WHERE I documented them is another thing.

Most of my phone discussions are memorialized (borrowed that word from a lawyer) in email. All I have to do is search my email for the person and topic and it comes up.

I do everything possible in "the cloud". Gave MS Office, Excel, etc the boot years ago in favor of Google Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.

My CRM at one time was Paradox, a database program.

I hate making notes and then entering them again in another program or two, so no, I don't have a REAL CRM.

About a week ago I was getting ready for a phone interview when I realized I had this lady's info in a number of emails and doc's on Drive. Decided to open Doc in my Medigap Client folder on Drive and create a summary. Spent about 10 minutes opening and closing emails while copying and pasting relevent info into my "Mary" Doc file. Included all her contact info (copy and pasted from my Contact database). When I was done I had 7 pages of info.

Found this so easy I am now doing it regularly.

You may think I am nuts for not having a real CRM or for doing it this way. That's OK. It works for me.

How is you first page organized? Name, Phone address and so on? I assume when you open "Mary" you want to see the contact info firat.

First page in G Doc does indeed have the person's name and the doc is saved as Mary Smith.

Looking at G Forms. Got a spam earlier today and the opt out took me to a Google Form.

The Google "suite" of products is amazing.

Keep is great for grocery lists.

Also if you use G Contacts (the newer version) and Gmail when you send an email to "Mary Smith" a notation is automatically entered in her contact file under "Interactions"

Back