Can't Motivate Potential Clients

DNCbroker

I don't have as many potential clients in my "pipeline" as a want to have, so this problem is really hurting my sales. People are slow to make up their minds and/or slow to act. I worry about being too abrupt with people, and perhaps I'm too timid since I don't want to offend. So I would like to learn several non-offensive "scripts" that would be effective to motivate people. Thanks

I don't have as many potential clients in my "pipeline" as a want to have, so this problem is really hurting my sales. People are slow to make up their minds and/or slow to act. I worry about being too abrupt with people, and perhaps I'm too timid since I don't want to offend. So I would like to learn several non-offensive "scripts" that would be effective to motivate people. Thanks

Just looking at some of your other post and wondering....are you specializing in Final Expense? If not, the advice here will not really be that beneficial to you.

If you're doing FE, then you should be 1 call closing...there is not a lot of follow-up...if you are getting a lot of 'think about its', then you have a HOLE in your presentation.

What lines are you focusing on?

Keep going. You'll eventually become jaded and that "timid, afraid to offend" crap will fly out the window.

There is a lot that could be the problem -- your presentation, a lack of leads, etc.

Right now I do FE exclusively, using DM leads. One problem is that they aren't home when I'm knocking on doors. Then I make phone calls to talk with them. But a high percentage of those with whom I speak on the phone aren't sure about what they will do.

Right now I do FE exclusively, using DM leads. One problem is that they aren't home when I'm knocking on doors. Then I make phone calls to talk with them. But a high percentage of those with whom I speak on the phone aren't sure about what they will do.

Aren't sure what they'll do about what? Phone calls are for appointments only. "Hi, I'm so and so. We got a postcard in the mail from ya' about the final expense life insurance programs that are available in (your county) I'm the local guy that gets that information out to folks and that's why I'm buggin' ya today. What I need to do is set aside 10-15 minutes to drop that information off to you and see what you'd qualify for and then you can take it from there. Now, do you get up with the chickens or would 11 am be better?"

You are nothing more than a delivery boy on the phone scheduling a delivery.

Keep going. You'll eventually become jaded and that "timid, afraid to offend" crap will fly out the window.

+1 agree with this post.

1. You need to have or develop a thick skin so that you can say what's needed in a pleasant way without letting the typical FE buyer jerk your chain.

2. You need to realize that DM leads are just another tool to increase your efficiency. You still have to weed your way through the pikers and non-buyers to find the gold.

You need a script that removes as many objections as possible upfront. It has to allow you to maintain control, be informative, concise and still enable you to figure out what your prospect wants.

Read that last line again because it's paramount to everything else.

Find out WHAT the person you're talking to WANTS and help them get it or move on in order to find someone who does WANT what you're selling.

Using Sandler Sales Training's concept of "up front contracts" may help you. Get agreement that you're going to get a yes or no before making any kind of presentation!

Last edited:
The problem is getting people to answer the phone. People just screen calls big time now. The only way I've found around it is have an appt setter who can run the calls 3 times a day a few days a week. Eventually the people screening the 's will eventually get curious who keeps calling them or they'll call you back. On door knocking I'd definitely mail to 58-75 as 50-80you get a crap load of 50-58 who work during the day and aren't home. I'd also stick the lead in my pocket as when you go to the door with a lead the people we deal with are street smart and always look out the window first before answering the door as they hide from bill collectors.When they see a person with a card they might think you're delivering a summons.

Back