Captive Agency, Going Independent! Looking for FMO.

We recently were a captive agency, and a few months ago the company completely shut down our support. No office, no leads, no higher contracts, no more competetive products. So we were stuck without salaries, without any sort of support and just middle of the road companies. That is when we made the decision to go out on our own and run our agency independently. We have Life & Health, variable products agents. We've worked mostly with the over 65 market, and it's been a very successful business for us. We run a tele-marketing company as well so all of our agents are used to running 4 appointments a day, 4 days a week. We have a 4 million dollar block of business, and we have more leads than most people dream of. However, i'm not satisfied with my current FMO. We don't have a ton of companies with them, but what we do have, i'm not happy with. I'm looking for a great FMO, high contracts and competetive rates. Any suggestions??

We recently were a captive agency, and a few months ago the company completely shut down our support. No office, no leads, no higher contracts, no more competetive products. So we were stuck without salaries, without any sort of support and just middle of the road companies. That is when we made the decision to go out on our own and run our agency independently. We have Life & Health, variable products agents. We've worked mostly with the over 65 market, and it's been a very successful business for us. We run a tele-marketing company as well so all of our agents are used to running 4 appointments a day, 4 days a week. We have a 4 million dollar block of business, and we have more leads than most people dream of. However, i'm not satisfied with my current FMO. We don't have a ton of companies with them, but what we do have, i'm not happy with. I'm looking for a great FMO, high contracts and competetive rates. Any suggestions??

I have high contracts in OH for United of Omaha, Gerber, Woodmen/Assured and Forethought if you are interested. If you would like to call I can tell you what the commissions are.

I have some substantial contracts in your state as well (and they don't conflict with Frank). Feel free to give me a call as well at 877-475-2010, ask for Kim.

Good Afternoon,

I work for an FMO based out of Charlotte, NC. We have a very extensive portfolio in all lines of insurance, I am a Senior Market Director here. We have a team here that specifically focuses on the Senior Market to help support and service our existing agent base. We do have a number of great products available in your state with IMO level contracts. I am very interested in speaking with you about some great opportunities and hopefully developing a meaningful business relationship. If you are interested in hearing about some of these opportunities please call 866-568-9649 x730 and ask for Justin. Or you can email at
[email protected].

All of the above are mid level marketers (no offense guys). This means that they answer to another FMO above them or yet even more than one. If you're doing the volume it appears you are... you should find a Top Level IMO or FMO who works direct with the carrier. This way you're not trapped in a mid-level contract that has more than 1 upline.

All of the above are mid level marketers (no offense guys). This means that they answer to another FMO above them or yet even more than one. If you're doing the volume it appears you are... you should find a Top Level IMO or FMO who works direct with the carrier. This way you're not trapped in a mid-level contract that has more than 1 upline.

I agree.

We have the top level Mutual of Omaha contract if your looking for a Mutual Contract.

How can you really tell where the IMO's fall in the pecking order? I am sure most won't tell you that kind of information. Especially with Final Expense.

Will carriers give you a list of their top level IMO's.

How can you really tell where the IMO's fall in the pecking order? I am sure most won't tell you that kind of information. Especially with Final Expense.

Will carriers give you a list of their top level IMO's.

Likely depends on product. I'm sure most of the carriers would refer you to their #1. I'd ask anyone I thought about placing a contract with. Most top level IMO's aren't shy about letting an agent know.

Chances are, depending on what products you need or want in your mix, you may have to work with more than 1. Most of the top level marketers have a specific group of products and commitments, they can't take on everything.

Some smaller deals may only have 1 or 2 top level marketers and others will have a few more. Mutual likely has more direct IMO's than anyone. So again, depending on what products you need in your mix, you may need to work with 2 or 3 different outfits.

I have contracts with some large FMOs and some one man shows like Frank. For the most part the small ones have given me better contracts and knowledge than the big ones
They all have pluses and minuses. Don't disregard any of them.

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure Frank is a top level marketer.

Back