Captive Agent Question Need Answers

Hey World, I Have A Quick Question, If You Take The Time To Answer, It Will Be Greatly Appreciated. Really.

Right Now I Am A Captive Agent With A Health Insurance Agency And They've Appointed Me With Several States And Companies. I Signed A Non Compete And I Think Its For 6 Months. Not Sure Though.

I Wanted To Know If...

1. I Can Still Keep The Licensing In The Other States And The Companies After I Leave My Current Agency?

2. If I Really Have To Wait 6 Months For The Non Compete To Be Exhausted?
I Heard Most Agencies Wont Either Know, Or They Wont Come After You In Court. Whats The Real Deal?

Please Help!

Thank You

Hey World, I Have A Quick Question, If You Take The Time To Answer, It Will Be Greatly Appreciated. Really.

Right Now I Am A Captive Agent With A Health Insurance Agency And They've Appointed Me With Several States And Companies. I Signed A Non Compete And I Think Its For 6 Months. Not Sure Though.

I Wanted To Know If...

1. I Can Still Keep The Licensing In The Other States And The Companies After I Leave My Current Agency?

2. If I Really Have To Wait 6 Months For The Non Compete To Be Exhausted?
I Heard Most Agencies Wont Either Know, Or They Wont Come After You In Court. Whats The Real Deal?

Please Help!

Thank You

The non-resident Licenses are yours so they go with you...the ability to change your upline with the carriers will depend on the carrier. As to the non-compete you should get a lawyer to review it.

Make sure you understand what the non-compete restrictions are and aren't.

You need to understand your non-compete. Usually, they only restrict you from marketing to your existing book of business. You can still write business, just not to your existing clients. If it's family or close friends and they come to you, well, you could probably re-write that business without much issue. If you go to them, then you can't.

If the non-compete says you can't sell health insurance..... see a lawyer. Chances are, he will fix this for you.

Dan

Back