Captive Agent to P&C Independent Agency

PhilL

Guru
100+ Post Club
If you have made this transition, what are the most difficult issues that you experienced both initially and ongoing, that you had to overcome?

I am not making such a transition myself but several of my clients are in the process and I want to relate some "real world" experiences to them, to possibly help guide their approaches.

Thank you to anyone willing to share thoughts on this subject.

If you have made this transition, what are the most difficult issues that you experienced both initially and ongoing, that you had to overcome? I am not making such a transition myself but several of my clients are in the process and I want to relate some "real world" experiences to them, to possibly help guide their approaches. Thank you to anyone willing to share thoughts on this subject.

For me organization and systems were a nightmare starting off.

If I started off again I would make sure I had a management system in place from day one for filing, xdates, accord forms, etc.

I would also have started off with better systems in place regarding time management and how time could be better spent.

For me organization and systems were a nightmare starting off.

If I started off again I would make sure I had a management system in place from day one for filing, xdates, accord forms, etc.

I would also have started off with better systems in place regarding time management and how time could be better spent.

nyc2phi, Thank you for these thoughts. In addition to your points, I have often heard that dealing with multiple carriers' products all at once and variations in response times from them were also hard issues to get used to, for quite awhile. Thanks again...

Being captive was nice in that each prospect was 1 set of quotes. It made sense or it didn't and I moved on. Now each prospect is 3 or 4 sets of quotes and you have to decide at what point to draw the line and move on. Using a multi rater or similar is a great time saver. We use semcat and it has reduced quote times greatly.

Back