TheInsuranceRook

Quick background; Recent college grad who was recruited via a friend who had decent success financially working with USHA.

Hey guys, so you probably already know the deal. I'm not here to defend US Health Advisors products, I was drinking the Kool aid though and recently became aware of it.

I've also recently learned that our products (all 3 of them) are not what they seem and we really gamble on the fact that the client won't have to use the insurance since they're medically underwritten. Additionally, chain of command likes to mess around with your paycheck too much (turning off leads randomly, threatening to fire me for working from home after offering it to me, cursing me out for asking legitimate questions, etc) and I'm done with it. They teach you to mislead the client about the plan by promising a 3k max out of pocket, 0 deductible, 0 co pay, blah blah. What they don't tell you is that accessing the 3k max OOP will triple your premium and that the plan operates nothing like the EOB we're instructed to show during the presentation. You only get promoted to leadership once you can park in front row which is a 60k+ car cost requirement regardless of your leadership abilities. This is because you're now the next best recruiting tool for desperate money hungry college grads like myself who make impulse based decisions influenced by shiny object syndrome. Drugs run rampant throughout the office with no discretion, like these people really think they're the Florida Wolf of Wall Street. On top of all this, I have to pay my boss to work for him monthly. Not software, not leads, just pay him directly, otherwise you're done.

I'm almost too embarrassed to post this because it's a case of "should've done you research" but all my research was biased because all the reviews are left by employees. They literally sent out a division wide email telling us to leave good reviews by a certain date or there will be consequences. This is because they had the BBB status revoked, and then permanently revoked by trying to buy it back which is why they buy their way into a bunch of BS Stevie Awards to flash at potential new recruits.

I have a 2-15 license, reside in central FL and prefer phone/text rather than face to face (Health, Life, and Annuities) and am licensed in about 25 states. I would like to continue with health but am open to other options too. So I'd like to hear from you guys and girls what other options/companies out there are reputable?

YEA....sorry....you missed the health insurance boom by about 4 to 5 years....but something is going to change...not sure if its going to be next year....or the year after that....but you are right about US Health Advisors,,,,

Get into Medicare. I’m in orlando, I could train you. But I’d have to have you under me to make it worth my while.

You could train yourself but the hard part is getting in front of people. And that I know how to do.

Every company has what they offer, sometimes it's just now a good fit for everyone, and that sound like the situation here. We do Life with some health products for disability and are killing it with annuities. We work out of our homes and if you have the drive , we have the tools to help you be successful here. Research is everything, I feel your pain, however, just fall forward, and find the right place for you. Much luck in what ever you decide to do. Keep your chin up and keep reaching for your goals.

Everyone has their own thoughts with their own IMO's, I for one, love the one I have been with and as long as I am making money, have the right mentors, that's all I need to be successful, the rest is up to me.

AS

Last edited:
Stay away from Symmetry. <~~~ best post of the day!

I've heard mixed things about Symmetry such as bad leads, need to recruit in order to receive highest commissions. But they are an IMO and contract you with multiple carriers which would surely still be an improvement over my current situation. Curious as to why this is the "best post of the day", what's the real deal with Symmetry?

I've heard mixed things about Symmetry such as bad leads, need to recruit in order to receive highest commissions. But they are an IMO and contract you with multiple carriers which would surely still be an improvement over my current situation. Curious as to why this is the "best post of the day", what's the real deal with Symmetry?

Do searches on this forum about them. Don’t do a google search to find fake/new agents reviews.

https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/symmetry-financial-compensation-question.95032/

https://www.idfpr.com/banks/cbt/Enforcement/2016/SymmetryFinancialLLCCeaseandDesistOrder.pdf

https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/anyone-familiar-w-symmetry-financial-group.26301/

Latest posts

Back