Captive Considering Going Indy

MPCFinPlan

Guru
100+ Post Club
I've been seriously thinking of going independent. I could stay on as a DA I could continue to sell their products.

Due too the fact I've been buying my own leads and they have no lead system in place other than their direct mail program it's seems to be more logical to be Indy.

I have considered a few things like e&o insurance and losing my benefits, and maybe having to form new contracts with the companies I am appointed with. Also factoring in other things like support from my management.

What are some other things to consider when venturing out to be independent? Any constructive suggestions would help!

----------

Nobody has any input?? Lol

I've been seriously thinking of going independent. I could stay on as a DA I could continue to sell their products.

Due too the fact I've been buying my own leads and they have no lead system in place other than their direct mail program it's seems to be more logical to be Indy.

I have considered a few things like e&o insurance and losing my benefits, and maybe having to form new contracts with the companies I am appointed with. Also factoring in other things like support from my management.

What are some other things to consider when venturing out to be independent? Any constructive suggestions would help!

----------

Nobody has any input?? Lol

What's a DA?

If you're supplying your own leads and you have the experience...by all means go Indy. Having people to see is the hardest part of the business...prospecting. You can get E&O for $450 a year and there are plenty of good IMO/FMOs on here that you can get contracts through and remain independent. Good luck!

What's a DA? If you're supplying your own leads and you have the experience...by all means go Indy. Having people to see is the hardest part of the business...prospecting. You can get E&O for $450 a year and there are plenty of good IMO/FMOs on here that you can get contracts through and remain independent. Good luck!

DA is a district agent. It would mean I wouldn't be a full time rep with my company but can keep computer and be able to still write business.

The problem is, I do not really feel I have the experience. I really do not feel trained and that's my biggest concern.

DA is a district agent. It would mean I wouldn't be a full time rep with my company but can keep computer and be able to still write business.

The problem is, I do not really feel I have the experience. I really do not feel trained and that's my biggest concern.

What type of insurance do you want to sell?

Life, health, disability..

Right now those are what I am appointed with.

I could do FE and maybe long term care.

He just does FE, but you should contact bboman23 on the Forum. He's good and seems willing to help. I'm pretty sure he works in your state some. He could at least point you in the right direction.

Back