Captive Going Independent

I'm in Arkansas, I'm planning on trying to go, independent.. Looking for a broker to open up a satellite office.. What would be some things, I need to be looking for,How do you locate a broker?

I have over 2 years experience in the p&c business, so I have a good idea what to expect.. I know, there will be some bumps along the way, just curious, of some of the main things to look out for.. Thanks

If your starting over, why not just work from home for a while to save costs?

I have an office that will cost me almost nothing, I just need someone I can write business through, this office doesnt sell p&c , but has a book of everything else. I can cross sell.. this office is tired of losing his 15 years of business, because they go elsewhere for p&c and then he has to talk to keep his clients, most are wanting all of their business, in the same place. So, he wants to add a P&C office within his business, it will be MY book, not his.. I just get the luxury of him, letting me and helping me, use his book of business to start mine..

I just need somehow to write all this business, seems like, finding another independent company, would be the best way.. If anyone has anything that might be better, I'm listening...

Back