Captive Life Agent Taking the Series 65, Hybrid Practice?

heavenborn

Currently I'm a captive Life producer, I'm taking the Series 65 exam later this month. Would my company not allow me to have my own practice as an adviser and still be a producer for life? I know that I have to disclose any conflict of interest to my clients ( Which I don't foresee being an issue). I am slightly concerned however that my company may not allow this for some reason or another.

The agency owner is completely fine with this fyi.

Anyone here have a similar experience or shed some light on the subject?

Currently I'm a captive Life producer, I'm taking the Series 65 exam later this month. Would my company not allow me to have my own practice as an adviser and still be a producer for life? I know that I have to disclose any conflict of interest to my clients ( Which I don't foresee being an issue). I am slightly concerned however that my company may not allow this for some reason or another.

The agency owner is completely fine with this fyi.

Anyone here have a similar experience or shed some light on the subject?

Most broker-dealers will be fine with you doing that as long as you disclose it on your it as outside business activity

the life companies that have captives usually want all business and I mean all business run through them, especially when they offer products. They do allow exceptions for product they don't offer.

You need to talk with them as Larry suggested before you do anymore. They may be fine with it, they may sever your contract. The reason? They will still be responsible for your business and business practices. The theory of deepest pockets comes into play.

But you won't know till you ask. So ask.

"The agency owner is completely fine with this fyi."

Anyone here have a similar experience or shed some light on the subject?[/QUOTE]

If the agency owner is fine with it the only approval you need is from your bd and I can give you a list of them that do not care if you have an outside insurance business

Back