Captive to Independent....

Allen, let's just stop beating around the bush. What you really want is to see me in handcuffs, right? Lol.

Yikes, that is a bit creepy.

I just would hate to see you lose your license. That would likely hurt all the people you do such a great job for that I have read so much about. Lol

Yikes, that is a bit creepy.

I just would hate to see you lose your license. That would likely hurt all the people you do such a great job for that I have read so much about. Lol

I am absolutely not worried about it. I am going to buy lunch next month for the State Farm office that sends me referrals each week. Then I am buying lunch for my staff. You can come over if you want you can have grilled chicken and polenta. As a matter of fact, I can barely handle all the referrals I am getting in. It's making me work more than the few hours a day that I want. Stop by, have some food, I'll teach you how to get more referrals, and maybe give you some.

Going Indy and owning your own Agency is NOT for everyone. It takes a lot of effort. Most don't realize. It takes a financial runway to get up and running, many don't have.

What is the difference between going independent and actually owning your own agency?
I have been considering becoming independent for some time, but have never considered owning an agency. Do you have more financial risk if you own the agency?

carriers remain reluctant to appoint new agencies and actually we are seeing the trend go the other way, reducing the size of agents appointed. There are over 1,000 Clusters of agents and aggregators out there. Our retail agency Joined National Insurance Group and are now owners. there are a thousand options all with a little different twist. Look out for long term contracts , who owns the Business produced, back out fees and commission %'s. Hope that helps.

Back