Car

?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Davison

Hi question as unsure , I have had a new car around 2 weeks and Took my friend out , I let him have a drive and the police pulled us over and said they are doing a random search. He was not insured on my car and the police gave him a 7 days ticket to prove he has his own car insurance on his own car (which he has sold his car so Dosent ) the police said I am fine as he is at fault although I allowed him to drive. But after the 7 days are up and he is unable to prove so, will my insurance or lisence be affected ? I know he will recieve a fixed penalty and 6 points. But am I in the clear ? Also could I argue and say he said he was insured on his own car

Seems like you should have been able to show your insurance coverage on the vehicle regardless of who was behind the wheel. Even if you were not in the vehicle when your friend was pulled over if Alaska allows "permissive use" the car was insured. Should not affect you and the declaration page should be able to help your friend

Seems like you should have been able to show your insurance coverage on the vehicle regardless of who was behind the wheel. Even if you were not in the vehicle when your friend was pulled over if Alaska allows "permissive use" the car was insured. Should not affect you and the declaration page should be able to help your friend
Sorry forgot to mention , it’s in the UK sorry

Back