0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Davison

Davison New Member

State:
    Alaska
    Hi question as unsure , I have had a new car around 2 weeks and Took my friend out , I let him have a drive and the police pulled us over and said they are doing a random search. He was not insured on my car and the police gave him a 7 days ticket to prove he has his own car insurance on his own car (which he has sold his car so Dosent ) the police said I am fine as he is at fault although I allowed him to drive. But after the 7 days are up and he is unable to prove so, will my insurance or lisence be affected ? I know he will recieve a fixed penalty and 6 points. But am I in the clear ? Also could I argue and say he said he was insured on his own car

Davison, Feb 27, 2019
  2. fed up

fed up Guru

State:
    Virginia
    Seems like you should have been able to show your insurance coverage on the vehicle regardless of who was behind the wheel. Even if you were not in the vehicle when your friend was pulled over if Alaska allows "permissive use" the car was insured. Should not affect you and the declaration page should be able to help your friend

fed up, Feb 28, 2019
  3. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Guru

State:
    Arizona
    Judges don't like to be told that something exists, they want to see it.

I suggest bringing a copy of the complete policy (declaration page and booklet) with the section highlighted that defines the driver as "insured."

4. Davison

Davison New Member

State:
    Alaska
    Sorry forgot to mention , it’s in the UK sorry

Davison, Feb 28, 2019
  5. VolAgent

VolAgent Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    This forum is dominated by, if not entirely American. I doubt anyone here will be able to help you. You may want to consult someone located in the UK.

VolAgent, Feb 28, 2019