Care Improvement Plus

midwestbroker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Columbia, MO
I am contracted with Care Improvement Plus now. I have written a handful of apps.

Anyone else selling this?

I am dealing with a provider that is very skeptical about MA plans. I faxed her all the provider forms, and she is now wanting in writing that CIP pays on the 2007 fee schedule. I am still trying to dig up something that says that. If anyone has any forms that state that please let me know.

can't you get in touch with care improvement plus and get that info? we don't have them here in Louisiana;to my knowledge; but the same thing happened to me with universal and I just took the book of benefits and showed them and they were much more at ease.

I sent them all the goodies, but they are still on the fence. They said they looked at another MA company and they paid on a 2005 fee schedule, and they want to be paid on the 2007 fee schedule.

I think I have won them over though.

I am contracted with Care Improvement Plus now. I have written a handful of apps.

Anyone else selling this?

I am dealing with a provider that is very skeptical about MA plans. I faxed her all the provider forms, and she is now wanting in writing that CIP pays on the 2007 fee schedule. I am still trying to dig up something that says that. If anyone has any forms that state that please let me know.

I had a similar issue as you did. I contacted Wellcare Provider's Outreach and they directed me to their website that had all the forms and breakdown of fees, payments, claims, and how they fill out that one simple claim form.

Did you try to call CIP Provider Outreach Department yet? If not, try there and if they do not have it on their website yet so it's accessible for the providers, ask them if they can email it to you so you can email it to the provider.

I hope this helps you.

I had a similar issue as you did. I contacted Wellcare Provider's Outreach and they directed me to their website that had all the forms and breakdown of fees, payments, claims, and how they fill out that one simple claim form.

Did you try to call CIP Provider Outreach Department yet? If not, try there and if they do not have it on their website yet so it's accessible for the providers, ask them if they can email it to you so you can email it to the provider.

I hope this helps you.

I was going to suggest this earlier but I had computer problems. CIP should have a "Provider Relations" department that handles these kinds of things. If they don't or they are MIA, I'd drop them like a hot potato. While it is certainly a good idea to become acquainted with as many providers as possible, it shouldn't be left to the producer to get that in depth with provider relations.

This is the kind of thing that made me leery of contracting with any of the new PFFS plans that came in to the state this year since I knew that many if not most of the providers had never heard of them and that some of them would probably come up short in the Provider Relations dept.

My $.02

Last edited:
Back