Care Improvement

policy doctor

Guru
1000 Post Club
If you're not licensed with CIP (care improvement) then forget it.

They have halted taking new agents since July 01. That includes thru FMO's. I just talked with the company direct, agents licensing.

What prompted my call was to go direct with them, if possible. Since I didn't get a call back, I had just hung up with an FMO who was emailing contract info. As I'm reading, phone rings. Guess who??

Anyway, thought I would share this with you. Gal said all FMO's were alerted of this change last month....so looks like the agencies are still recruiting to lock you in until CIP opens up again. their products are still being sold. This is for GA and SC.

My point, should you care to listen, is don't lock yourself in until CIP is actively recruiting again. You might get a better offer elsewhere.

Watch my lips move

:laugh: :laugh: Sorry to monopolize this board, but it's by default.

Found out today that some FMO's still are certifying new agents, but that will end soon. Matter of fact, just left an earlier mtg and the next one was CIP training for newbies for Parker, TAG, and some indy;s.

So much for :D H.O. veracity.

I guess there is no interest in this product. LOL....But i was hoping someone would post if they are active with this co.

Ifail to see where they are so hot.

Hmmm.....No cap on out of pocket expenses.

You pay the same 20% as with orignal medicare, and the usual co-pays as everyone else.

They told me there were enhancements for the 4 dread diseases.....what are they? I called the fmo office and asked why do I want this if i'm the client? She pointed out the drugs (part d) . Well they can buy a stand alone plan..during enrollment. Same premium.

She points out preventive care.....give me a break. Medicare been paying for mammograms, colon screening, prostate, diabetic care...at no cost...for sev yrs now, right? They even get a free physical 1st 6 mos on medicare. ( i threw out my old books...usually those medigap books tell what Medicare will pay) but Medicare and You Guide on pg.13 -17 covers what is free.
So we argued, she said I need to tell CMS and hung up....and when i tried to call her back they wouldn't pick up. They must have caller id. (all i wanted to add was that the Guide stated these benefits for the Medicare beneficiary)

So what's the big deal?

Care Improvement IS an excellent plan...

I have been selling Care Improvement for 3 months and it is a great product and my clients love it. The plan you mention is the Silver and that is for people with ESRD and Medicaid. ( I am in NW Arkansas)

You have to have COPD, CHF Diabetes or ESRD to get on plan.

Kingdom has best commission I believe-bounus if over 20 sales and another bounus over 40 in a month. Stay away from Parker! JMHO

This and Unicare are the only plans you can sell now anyway and both I believe kick Humana's butt! I can't wait for AEP!

The zero premium Gold Plan has..

$10 and $25 Dr. co-pays
Hospital $60 a day for the first 6 days
$50 ambulance
no cost for diabetic supplies-syringes excluded they are covered under Rx
20 days skilled nursing=then 100 a day for 21 - 100
$0 for lab tests and x rays
$100 for outpatient surgery
5 generic 24 preferred and 51 non-preferred
If you go up to next plan Gold Rx plus
It has a $0 co-pay tier with insulin-Actos-Avandia-Diovan-Toprol to name a few that are 0 all year long, even in the gap.
This Plan also gives 15 round trip rides to Dr appointments and $150 in eyeglass allowance with a routine eye exam

The platinum plan has a premium -$58 but has no Dr., Hospital, Skilled nursing, ambulance, Chiropractic Services, Outpatient surgery, labs, and xrays costs. $200 for eyeglasses.

Either of these plans is better than HUmana-Which I was captive for 2 years.

The plans do not have a MOOP this year but lets see about next year in a few months.

The Platinum compares to a supplement except for the Radiation therapy and Durable Med. Eqip. which is 10% below $1000 (Oxy cost about $20 a month)

I had 2 sales today.........sorry Humana..:)

I have been selling Care Improvement for 3 months and it is a great product and my clients love it. The plan you mention is the Silver and that is for people with ESRD and Medicaid. ( I am in NW Arkansas)

You have to have COPD, CHF Diabetes or ESRD to get on plan.

Kingdom has best commission I believe-bounus if over 20 sales and another bounus over 40 in a month. Stay away from Parker! JMHO

This and Unicare are the only plans you can sell now anyway and both I believe kick Humana's butt! I can't wait for AEP!

The zero premium Gold Plan has..

$10 and $25 Dr. co-pays
Hospital $60 a day for the first 6 days
$50 ambulance
no cost for diabetic supplies-syringes excluded they are covered under Rx
20 days skilled nursing=then 100 a day for 21 - 100
$0 for lab tests and x rays
$100 for outpatient surgery
5 generic 24 preferred and 51 non-preferred
If you go up to next plan Gold Rx plus
It has a $0 co-pay tier with insulin-Actos-Avandia-Diovan-Toprol to name a few that are 0 all year long, even in the gap.
This Plan also gives 15 round trip rides to Dr appointments and $150 in eyeglass allowance with a routine eye exam

The platinum plan has a premium -$58 but has no Dr., Hospital, Skilled nursing, ambulance, Chiropractic Services, Outpatient surgery, labs, and xrays costs. $200 for eyeglasses.

Either of these plans is better than HUmana-Which I was captive for 2 years.

The plans do not have a MOOP this year but lets see about next year in a few months.

The Platinum compares to a supplement except for the Radiation therapy and Durable Med. Eqip. which is 10% below $1000 (Oxy cost about $20 a month)

I had 2 sales today.........sorry Humana..:)

I've heard positive things about this product but after reading some things I am not so sure now.

I am assuming by your post there is more than one plan and for those on Medicaid and ESRD, (and or some other severe ailment) there is no premium? Correct?

The Platinum are for people not on Medicaid but have a chronic illness of some sort and there is a premium? Is this correct?

For people on Medicaid, how do they additionally benefit from this plan b/c as of now, everything they get is covered in full assuming they're on no spend down? Could you please ellaborate on maybe some extra benefits they get that maybe the state does not currently cover - in your state? (Assuming they get such 'extra' benefits?) I'm also assuming it would vary per state or am I erring here to think such? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I've heard positive things about this product but after reading some things I am not so sure now.

I am assuming by your post there is more than one plan and for those on Medicaid and ESRD, (and or some other severe ailment) there is no premium? Correct?

The Platinum are for people not on Medicaid but have a chronic illness of some sort and there is a premium? Is this correct?

For people on Medicaid, how do they additionally benefit from this plan b/c as of now, everything they get is covered in full assuming they're on no spend down? Could you please ellaborate on maybe some extra benefits they get that maybe the state does not currently cover - in your state? (Assuming they get such 'extra' benefits?) I'm also assuming it would vary per state or am I erring here to think such? Thanks in advance!

Honestagent, Yes there are 3 plans. Silver, Gold $0, $32, $48 the higher cost plans are for upgraded Rx and Platinum $58, $90,and $104. The Platinum cost are for the healthplan $58 plus cost of Rx. So $58 dollar plan is the $0 Rx and then next adds the $32 Rx and ........... The upgraded Rx has the $o tier drugs and then $14 more gives you $5 generics all year even in the Gap. You just have to figure what is best or may be best for each person

There are 3 Rx plans for Gold and Platinum to chose from, Silver has just one. The Gold and Platinum are very good plans, with 60% of my clients opting for the Platinum, no co-pays. The no max out of pocket is a deterent for the Gold, but the Platinum the only downfall would be radiation costs.

The Silver plan, I have never signed up anyone up for, it is just like Medicare and the Rx plan with it is $29. The only reason theyhave this plan is I believe Medicare wanted them to cover ESRD(this is the only plan they can get), but there is not much a company can do to manage ther condition so they came up with this option. As far as Medicaid, they won't have to pay the premium but if someone is a Duel/Medicare-Medicaid, Wellcare is the best plan for them in the counties I work in so I never plan on using the Silver. IMHO the Silver is pretty worthless.

This company is in only 7 states right now but it does have nationwide coverage.

The company is a disese management company called XL Health, and they help people with diabetes and CHF the most. That is what they did before they got into Medicare.

I got to run... be back later. :)

Back