Care to share your scripts?

2112Greg

Guru
100+ Post Club
I've hired someone to generate leads and set appointments for me and I'm looking to see if you guys who have this kind of arrangement would share your successful scripts. She's got a lot of experience doing this, so I expect it to be good...but she's never done health insurance before, just annuities.

Care to share?

I don't have a telemarketer, but I make calls. Here is the question to ask:

"Are you frusterated with your health insurance premiums?"

Put as much or little dressing as you would like around the question, the less the better. If they say yes, have her take down the information for you to call back.

I use a telemarketer for various tasks (health, commercial business etc...).

As Delta said...keep it short and to the point. You have about 5-10 seconds before the mind starts to wander.

Here are a few scripts NOT to use:

Hello. My name is John Doe and I just love to sell insurance.

Hello. My name is John Doe and I am new to the business, so bear with me.

Hello. My name is John Doe. What's yours?

Hello. My name is Bond....James Bond.

Hello. My name is John Doe. Did I catch you at a bad time?

Hello. My name is John Doe. Ehrrr. Hold on a minute. I think the toilet is overflowing.

I use a telemarketer for various tasks (health, commercial business etc...).

As Delta said...keep it short and to the point. You have about 5-10 seconds before the mind starts to wander.

Here are a few scripts NOT to use:

Hello. My name is John Doe and I just love to sell insurance.

Hello. My name is John Doe and I am new to the business, so bear with me.

Hello. My name is John Doe. What's yours?

Hello. My name is Bond....James Bond.

Hello. My name is John Doe. Did I catch you at a bad time?

Hello. My name is John Doe. Ehrrr. Hold on a minute. I think the toilet is overflowing.

:D:D:D:D

You crack me up... Every damn post is f'ing hilarious!

I had such high hopes for this thread. Now I'm all sad.

j/k about the sad part.

Surely, you guys wouldn't mind posting your successful scripts, would you? ;)

As someone that's been in the business for a while, I don't really have a script anymore. I just use what I've learned along the way. I'm not high pressure so when someone tells me they're not interested I move on. People aren't much into high pressure and using a script sort of implies you're treating everybody the same.

I use "Would you be open to..."

Wish we could be of more help. There are a lot of books out there that will give you some ideas and lots of places on the web as well.

I've hired someone to generate leads and set appointments for me and I'm looking to see if you guys who have this kind of arrangement would share your successful scripts. She's got a lot of experience doing this, so I expect it to be good...but she's never done health insurance before, just annuities.

Care to share?

Write down what you do when you call.

You have to decide what info you need to make an appt. What do you need to know. You especially want to know if they are interested (ready, willing and able). You want enough information to compel you to travel to see them.

Back