Career Agency- going bye bye?

al, I wonder if mutual of omaha may eventually get rid of these division officies? they can write through the in-house mail order deal -and the brokers. For that matter, so could any ins. company, I guess. I just think the personal service and training of an office is a nice touch, if done correctly. Sounds like some changes are happening.

I won't stay with this MoO district office much longer after my final case is delivered and issued.

I direct you to the following thread:

Insurance Agent Forum

Where I wrote on 3/29:

Al:

I hope that MoO's training will sink in. You've proven many times that you refuse to listen to others (and not just me).

My guess is you'll post something like "MoO, I wish I never met 'ya" in about 6-8 weeks.

Rick

Looks like I was correct except for the timing. Managed 13 weeks! (Good for you!)

No need to respond with a post pointing out that you think I'm a jerk, bully, etc. We all know what you're going to write. In fact, just cut and paste any of the 200 or so posts where you've already said that.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Rick

Last edited:
No need to respond with a post pointing out that you think I'm a jerk, bully, etc.

Rick

I will respond, Rick, because someone should.

You are a bully.

There is no other way to put it.

The reason you are a bully is that you go out of your way to hurt others. You seek out ways to make yourself look good by making someone else look bad. You take great happiness and comfort in the misadventures and bad luck of others.

You are never happy unless something bad is happening to someone else and you are happiest when you can be the cause of that "badness."

Of all the people in the world you are the absolute last person who should be in this business because you not only make the rest of us look bad (which makes you look good) but I fear in my heart of hearts that you do a disservice to those who mistakenly put their trust in you.

There was no express reason for your post. It didn't add to the knowledgebase nor did it enhance the dialectic. Its sole purpose... your sole purpose... was to make me look bad, to express your happiness at what I think is a sad situation where I work, and it was your attempt to again attain some sense of self-worth at the expense of another agent... another human being.

This was a thread about the career agency system. And everyone was contributing something of value. But not you.

All you brought to the table is your negativity and your bad attitude. I don't know why Sam allows you on this board. I know that I wouldn't because you are not here to share, you are here to attack, which was the express purpose of your post in this thread. It is not lost on me and it is not lost on anyone else here.

To imitate Kieth Oberman, I nominate you as today's "worst person in the world."

The Jackass

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about health / life career shops, but P&C shops do quite well. In fact, most write P&C along with life and health, with many getting into various financial services.

I think all that is happening is there is a lot of consolidation going on, and since P&C agents tend to have to have the overhead costs already, and want to find new ways to pay for it.

Dan

al, I wonder if mutual of omaha may eventually get rid of these division officies? I just think the personal service and training of an office is a nice touch, if done correctly.

I don't know what al would say, but I have been going through their training to become a career agent with them in MN. The District Office I'm working out of in the Twin Cities explained that MoO has 4 different business models in the way they sell their products. And the career agent is still the most profitable to them.

I'm new to this business and maybe he could be lying to me. I don't think so but that is just what I was told when asking about how their business is marketed. There is an independent agency in my town that sells products of MoO but they aren't considered a career agent and they cannot offer all that the companies can do. Unless they are an agent of MoO.

Back