Career Agency- going bye bye?

career agent is still the most profitable to them.

Stating the obvious.

If it is so much more profitable to the carrier, what does that say for the career agent?

Think about it.

I know that overhead with some companies is "suggested" meaning that if you don't do certain things you will probably not get your contract.

I know that overhead with some companies is "suggested" meaning that if you don't do certain things you will probably not get your contract.

Please explain, I don't understand what you mean! Do you mean like SF having an office with all of the trappings is required. If that is the case I can say that the career life agencies do not care but it is a big deal to the P&C's.

What I mean is during your first year you are under a 1-year term contract and at the end of that year you are either given your so called permanent contract or you are sent out. Management "suggests" a lot of things like how many staff, office space, business plan numbers, location, marketing dollars . You can't be forced in to doing any of it but the common knowledge among first year agents is do it or face the consequences. The consequences are that like some in month 11 they were told they were not getting their contract. They had little warning as all first year agents are not to believe they will get the contract until you get the phone call 3 weeks to 3 days in some cases before you sign it. Does this answer your question?

Please explain, I don't understand what you mean! Do you mean like SF having an office with all of the trappings is required. If that is the case I can say that the career life agencies do not care but it is a big deal to the P&C's.

moO charges the agent some money -for offices expenses around here, as far as I know. I don't know the exact number.

MoO does not charge agents for anything other then postage and long distance calls (use an unlimited cell phone plan) in the Chicagoland area. Free office space and exclusive leads that they pay for the campaigns on, orphans that havent been contacted in 5-10 years, etc...

Career Agents get this and much more while still maintaining their independent status (can sign with other companies). To keep the career agent contract they must maintain a minimum production requirement...

I don't think Mutual of Omaha's Career Agency is going away anytime soon.

Last edited:
Back